Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Question on my steering wheel audio contols

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Hubley
I have an ES with sun/sound but no nav. When I use the steering wheel buttons to move through channels it does not use my presets. For example, if I'm on Sirius 23 it will go through 24, 25, 26, etc.
Ditto. It upsets me. Oh well, I'll be switching the HU anyway.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:12 AM

Alright folks, if some people are able to use pre sets and others are not then there should be a way to change this.

I called up the services department at my dealership and the guy I spoke to said he remembered something like this on their outlanders and you had to change a "mode" on the radio. I asked him to look into it and call me back, but I'm not holding my breath.... Maybe there's a menu/settings feature somewhere? Kind of like the whole deal with the auto noise feature being able to be turned off in the menu?

Obviously if I hear anything I will post it; but maybe someone else can try asking their dealership as well? Not being able to go thru pre sets on the steering wheel seems to be annoying to multiple people here so I know a lot of folks would be greatful for an answer.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Nav vs. Stock CD

Hey all,

I bought a GTS w/out the nav (I work part-time at Best Buy=way cheaper) and mine doesn't scroll through the pre-sets either. I know that it will with the factory nav system though. I plan on buying a Pioneer double din nav and hopefully it will work with that. But in the mean time if anyone finds out how to change the controls for the stock cd player please let us know.