Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Programming the ECU

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2007 | 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Programming the ECU

Is there a specific way to reprogram the ECU after having the battery unplugged for a while or does it not make a difference? If there is someone should post the step by step and sticky it so its easy to find when someone needs it. After all, the purpose of this website is to provide information.
Old Sep 29, 2007 | 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Disconnect it for 10+ minutes. Reconnect. Start car and let idle for 10-15 minutes. Take it for a 30-45 drive with varying gear transitions. Basically, take it into the city. Stop & go stuff. At some stops (like I experienced), it might seem like it wants to die on you...but usually it won't. Mine didn't at least.

Good luck!
Old Sep 30, 2007 | 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Disconnect it for 10+ minutes. Reconnect. Start car and let idle for 10-15 minutes. Take it for a 30-45 drive with varying gear transitions. Basically, take it into the city. Stop & go stuff. At some stops (like I experienced), it might seem like it wants to die on you...but usually it won't. Mine didn't at least.

Good luck!
Thanks much!