Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Want to Mod but Who Makes them:

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to Mod but Who Makes them:

Hey guys: I was Curious as to WHY they dont make any cold air kits for the automatic Lancer ES? and IF they do who makes them. RRM has some but 99% of what they offer are for the Manual Tranny. I dont want to just slap a Cone Filter on and call it good. I want something else that will actually help the car and will offer a water bypass valve too.

Exhaust: I can see MagnaFlow Makes a kit, but I dont like the MagnaFlow Sound on a 4 Cylinder. Ive seen some others out there that have a kit also but its just the "Can" Style and Im afraid those are too loud and draw attention. If nothing else Im thinking of taking somewhere, with my own muffler of choice and having 2.25 from the Cat back with a Chrome tip to finish it off. Ive always run DynoMax on everything Ive owned. They offer an UltraFlow Stainless Im looking at. Ive had one before that was on my V6 Beretta. It was heavily Modded minus a SC or Turbo. Loved the sound.

What I want to know is what is the best bang for the buck and will still sound and perform good. If nothing else, it will help the car sell FAST if when ever do this. It has some really nice wheels on it and we are going to tint the windows too. I took the stereo out so the dealer didnt freak when problem shooting and o possibly blaming the System for the pump ect ect ect.

Robbie- Thanks guys
Old Oct 2, 2007, 05:09 PM

The automatic lancers can only use a SRI do to the fact that the transmission sits in the way of where the normal piping for a CAI goes. As far as the exhaust goes I have a custom bent 3 inch cat back with a magnaflow 60 series muffler. I loved the sound until the header install... Damn it is loud. Just go with a magnaflow
2 1/2 catback to give you a good sound.

Oh yeah the search is there for a reason and I would use it next time cuz' your gonna end up getting flamed for asking questions that allready have answers.

Good day mate
Old Oct 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Start by reading the FAQ in my sig (labeled "if you are told to search...") and then go from there. The questions are just asked have been covered extensively in the past. As far as an intake goes, a SRI is fine, you won't gain any power regardless of whether you get a SRI or a CAI. You have a variety of choices for an exhaust, go with whichever one you personally like.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Start by reading the FAQ in my sig (labeled "if you are told to search...") and then go from there. The questions are just asked have been covered extensively in the past. As far as an intake goes, a SRI is fine, you won't gain any power regardless of whether you get a SRI or a CAI. You have a variety of choices for an exhaust, go with whichever one you personally like.

Thanks, Im a tard for forgetting Forums have the All purpose Search Function. Im a Memeber of PlantIsuzu and sometimes even then I forget that feature.

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

OK, on a Lancer, there will be no difference in performance between a cold air and short ram intake. The short ram may actually feel like it gives quicker throttle response. And you won't need a water bypass on a short ram. With exhaust, it's not the cylinder amount that makes the sound. The lancer sounds amazing with a magnaflow. I have the one from RRM and my buddy has a little bigger magnaflow, and they are both low toned and quiet. I wouldn't want any other brand.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by drucea
OK, on a Lancer, there will be no difference in performance between a cold air and short ram intake. The short ram may actually feel like it gives quicker throttle response. And you won't need a water bypass on a short ram. With exhaust, it's not the cylinder amount that makes the sound. The lancer sounds amazing with a magnaflow. I have the one from RRM and my buddy has a little bigger magnaflow, and they are both low toned and quiet. I wouldn't want any other brand.
+1 on the Magnaflow muffler. I ditched my Greddy Ti-C catback for a custom 2.5" catback with Magnaflow 2.5" center in, center out muffler for a more toned down and subtle look. Cops in my city have initiated a zero tolerance muffler initiative. They are writing tickets and impounding cars with fines in the neighborhood of $500-600 after you get your car out of impound 3 days later. My exhaust looks bone stock, sounds ever so slightly louder than stock and I still get maximum flow for my turbo setup. Magnaflow FTW!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
+1 on the Magnaflow muffler. I ditched my Greddy Ti-C catback for a custom 2.5" catback with Magnaflow 2.5" center in, center out muffler for a more toned down and subtle look. Cops in my city have initiated a zero tolerance muffler initiative. They are writing tickets and impounding cars with fines in the neighborhood of $500-600 after you get your car out of impound 3 days later. My exhaust looks bone stock, sounds ever so slightly louder than stock and I still get maximum flow for my turbo setup. Magnaflow FTW!
If you dont mind me asking why did you ditch the Greddy?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
If you dont mind me asking why did you ditch the Greddy?
Too loud and too gaudy looking to avoid being noticed by police. I had to talk my way out of having my car towed and impounded for having a modified exhaust system. It was an experience I didn't feel like repeating on a weekly or monthly basis. Besides the police factor, I've grown out of loud sounding exhaust systems. I now have the same (if not better) flow with my custom exhaust and a minimum over stock exhaust tone even at 6000rpm full throttle. I even had the shop weld on a slight turndown on the tip for an even more stock look. Gotta love the sleeper Lancer running 11psi!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
Too loud and too gaudy looking to avoid being noticed by police. I had to talk my way out of having my car towed and impounded for having a modified exhaust system. It was an experience I didn't feel like repeating on a weekly or monthly basis. Besides the police factor, I've grown out of loud sounding exhaust systems. I now have the same (if not better) flow with my custom exhaust and a minimum over stock exhaust tone even at 6000rpm full throttle. I even had the shop weld on a slight turndown on the tip for an even more stock look. Gotta love the sleeper Lancer running 11psi!
Nice! I know in my small town there is one guy with an APEXi catback on his prelude and he never has any trouble with the cops. There are a bunch of people in the area that also have aftermarket exhausts so the cops dont care too much. Plus I live in redneck area so the cops are used to beat up v8 trucks with NO exhausts.