Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

2003 white auto tips?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 white auto tips?

Its bone stock except for accessories any tips on what are some low cost spray painting mods or anything else.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by socomplete
Its bone stock except for accessories any tips on what are some low cost spray painting mods or anything else.
Maybe paint that fake wood trim white? You could paint your calipers if you plan to get rims. You could also debadge the trunk. Black out your headlights. Get some tinting spray and tint the reflectors on the bumper and your side turn signals. There are some common ideas.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Ok,good tips but tell me how did you get that fake carbon panel out of the dash? I've gotten it off but the plug not so easy to come off.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by socomplete
Ok,good tips but tell me how did you get that fake carbon panel out of the dash? I've gotten it off but the plug not so easy to come off.
Lol you could have explained it better. Well here is the whole process.

1. you take out the black surround for the instrument cluster by taking out the 2 screws from the top part of it. it just pops out.

2. you pull out your HVAC control knobs. The temp, fan speed, and direction ones.

3. unscrew the 2 screws underneath those knobs. I believe the screws are a gold color.

4. pull that panel off.

5. you will see 2 screws holding the trim panel on. unscrew them

6. then just pry it off starting from the instrument cluster toward the passenger side. It will be hard and some of those white clips will fly off but you can pop them right back on providing you find them(I lost 2 of mine already)

7. unplug the harness for the clock and there you go.

8. the little piece to the left of the instrument cluster just pops out and you unplug the harness from the power mirror controls.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

ok I'll try again when I get the chance but that harness is hard to take out from the back of that trim.I already have the center painted white where the knobs are located.I just wanted to paint that fake looking long piece. I'll try again thanks dude.