Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Has anyone installed the OEM foglamp kit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone installed the OEM foglamp kit?

I have the DE model 08 lancer with no foglights, and I would like to get a set. I really want to keep everything OEM if possible, and the extra lighting would look pretty good at night.

I'm asking this because I would like to know how difficult/easy the installation is? I also want to know where the foglight switch would be installed? I know my DE has 3 plastic delete plates on the left side of the steering wheel, so maybe the switch would be installed there? I hope our 08's are pre-wired for foglamps, if so that would make installation a lot easier! I will probably purchase the kit in the next few weeks.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Hey,

I think they are pretty easy to install. I have an es, but no fog lights. Our cars are prewired for everything. Rockford Fostgate System, Foglights, and blue tooth. Maybe more stuff to. So if you buy the oem foglights you probably just install the brackets and put that switch where the delete plate is. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON
I have the DE model 08 lancer with no foglights, and I would like to get a set. I really want to keep everything OEM if possible, and the extra lighting would look pretty good at night.

I'm asking this because I would like to know how difficult/easy the installation is? I also want to know where the foglight switch would be installed? I know my DE has 3 plastic delete plates on the left side of the steering wheel, so maybe the switch would be installed there? I hope our 08's are pre-wired for foglamps, if so that would make installation a lot easier! I will probably purchase the kit in the next few weeks.
Order the OEM set from your dealer or a reputable seller on eBay...it comes with everything you need. The install isn't too painful.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Order the OEM set from your dealer or a reputable seller on eBay...it comes with everything you need. The install isn't too painful.
Cheapest place is www.mitsubishipartspeople.com
Old Nov 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Can you go into a little detail? Where does the switch for the foglights install? Any advice or help is appreciated!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

The switch for the OEM lights is on the lighting stick/turn signal stick. When you get the OEM ones you have to replace the stick then get mitsu to enable the feature in the ECU or they wont work. Plus they are not prewired, the kit comes with the wire harness for the individual lights which does plug into an existing connector behind the bumper.

More can be found here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=283130

and here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=286759