Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Blue LED front parking lights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue LED front parking lights

I was planning to change my parking lights from that amber bulb to blue LEDs after I got my HIDs installed, but I want to know if its illegal to do so in Ontario where i live... i see a few cars with different coloured parking lights, and im pretty sure you guys know that you cant see the parking lights even with our stock yellow low beams.. If I change to HIDs you definetly wont be able to see parking lights.. but also i know toronto cops are pretty **** about this kind of stuff..

also I dontknow much about cars.. If i replace the normal parking light bulb with an LED bulb, would I have to add some kind of adaptor to it so the bulb will fit or so there will be enough power going to the bulbs?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call the local police station and ask. Or wait until another Ontarionite logs on and answers.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by three29
I was planning to change my parking lights from that amber bulb to blue LEDs after I got my HIDs installed, but I want to know if its illegal to do so in Ontario where i live... i see a few cars with different coloured parking lights, and im pretty sure you guys know that you cant see the parking lights even with our stock yellow low beams.. If I change to HIDs you definetly wont be able to see parking lights.. but also i know toronto cops are pretty **** about this kind of stuff..

also I dontknow much about cars.. If i replace the normal parking light bulb with an LED bulb, would I have to add some kind of adaptor to it so the bulb will fit or so there will be enough power going to the bulbs?
Hey bud…here’s the deal:

Legal Light Colours for the FRONT: White, Amber, (&Yellow for fog)
Legal Light Colours for the REAR: Red, Amber (&White for reverse)
Legal Light Colours for the SIDE: Amber

Now, here are some exceptions:
Blue tint has become more acceptable for the front of cars now…mostly because HIDs are offered from the dealership in many cars…so police don’t have the time to deal with it anymore…unless it is absolutely blinding…lol
Another colour you can get away with for parking lights and/or signal lights is yellow…close enough to amber so cops usually won’t say anything.

Dealing with pure Blues, Greens, and so on…they are simply not legal…
While most cops won’t pull you over…some might – and you will receive a ticket for improper/unsafe automotive lighting…or something along those lines.

If you REALLY like the blue led look and you won’t get upset if you actually get pulled over one day…then do it…but if you want to keep it legal, i suggest a super-white bulb .

Also, as far as led bulbs go…sometimes they short out or flicker…so keep that in mind.

Last edited by razo; Nov 26, 2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

no adapter is needed i installed blue l.e.ds and they look great
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:02 PM

thanks a lot guys, that clears it up a bit for me =)
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

now if u get l.e.d blinkers you have a problem but other then that u should be straight
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know where to get the blue bulbs. also the bulb or part number. I am a noob with lights
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eagles GTS
anyone know where to get the blue bulbs. also the bulb or part number. I am a noob with lights
if you are referring to the front parking lights…they are 194 (or Wedge bulbs)
ebay has a lot of them…usually really cheap too.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

what wattage are those??? and whats the difference between the inverted leds? guys...what color do u think would look good with the rally red... im thinking either clear white or red..

Last edited by krnkimchi702; Nov 28, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
what wattage are those??? and whats the difference between the inverted leds? guys...what color do u think would look good with the rally red... im thinking either clear white or red..
I'd go clear white. That look is badass. I never liked the "color matches the paint" look because it's always two different shades of red. I probably wouldn't put any silver stuff on my car.