Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Injen Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007 | 07:43 PM

Injen Cold Air Intake

don't know if anyone seen this yet but just trying to let you know they came out with the cold air intake it will start shipping next week. im thinking of getting one for my lancer.
http://stores.speedcorps.com/Detail.bok?no=293
Old Nov 29, 2007 | 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

i would prob get it but my only concern is sucking up water
Old Nov 29, 2007 | 08:10 PM

yea but they have the Hydro Shield Filter Cover. but i don't know if that would help in heavy rain but im still going to get it i think.
Old Nov 29, 2007 | 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

you have to buy the filter cover separately.

i think it is ugly as hell.

i think it is easily stolen.

i think there is a much better design than that winding 5 foot long tube all the way down there.

that's just what i think, though.
Old Nov 29, 2007 | 10:16 PM

I think we'll have 10 more horses than you.
Old Nov 30, 2007 | 12:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 5 speedracer
I think we'll have 10 more horses than you.
I think you're a sucker if you believe that.

(Yeah, you'll have more HP. But I doubt it's 10. Until I see an independent dyno sheet, I will believe what I believe.)
Old Nov 30, 2007 | 05:59 AM
Former Sponsor

beleive me , with MITSUs new generation Mivec, you will make alot of power on the back end (exhaust side) then you will on the front. But CAI performance profile will be tied to what happens on the back end.

MIVEC is pretty good adjusting to exhaust profile changes. modifying intake and exhaust valves/etc.

Blow my mind.

But with the current configuration that INJEN has i would have to see the dyno to beleive that that config is better then a straight pipe with a relocator kit. Who ever makes that is gonna to probably win out over INJEN in terms of sales. people are going to pay for the name, but they will also follow the crowd that sees better performance gains.

But hey, I could be wrong, maybe they optimized the pipe enough to make the performance come close to being the same. But i must say its one funny looking CAI,
Old Nov 30, 2007 | 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

im somewhat sceptical of the dyno but it was from a members car, not their own car or a car provided by mitsubishi. The only major issue I saw with the dyno sheet is the 15 degree drop in ambient air temp between the baseline dyno to the CAI dyno. I know there should have been correction to x out that factor but I've seen 2-3whp on my own car just by letting it sit for 10 minutes then running it again.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 09:57 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I think you're a sucker if you believe that.

(Yeah, you'll have more HP. But I doubt it's 10. Until I see an independent dyno sheet, I will believe what I believe.)
you didn't see a offical dyno for rrms intake and you bought it so i guess that makes you a sucker and everyone else who bought their intake from them a sucker as well.
At least Injen got their **** dyno'd and people can see a estimate of what they can exspect instead of being completly in the blank
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Very True.

Im not sayin RRM stuff is no good, but leave intakes to Injen and Turbos to RRM.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 11:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
you didn't see a offical dyno for rrms intake and you bought it so i guess that makes you a sucker and everyone else who bought their intake from them a sucker as well.
At least Injen got their **** dyno'd and people can see a estimate of what they can exspect instead of being completly in the blank
OK, can we please not argue? I've made my opinion, you've made yours. Let's let it go.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 11:50 AM
Account Disabled

injen is known for great exhuast, intakes and intercooler stuff. but they have lots of engineers and great big shops for their R&D which is 1 of many reason y i have faith in them.

Im sorry im not sayign rrm stuff is bad cause i do have 3 of their stuff actually 2 but i rather trust a hugh name company over a city shop. I have had my experience with city shops tyring to make parts for cars and its just not good.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

im not arguing im just laying my opinon down like you said so.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 12:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

injen is known for great exhuast, intakes and intercooler stuff. but they have lots of engineers and great big shops for their R&D which is 1 of many reason y i have faith in them.

Im sorry im not sayign rrm stuff is bad cause i do have 3 of their stuff actually 2 but i rather trust a hugh name company over a city shop. I have had my experience with city shops tyring to make parts for cars and its just not good.
I'm a Lancer guy. On the first generation USDM Lancer, Injen is known for CAIs that broke a lot. (Funny, but true. )

Yeah, RRM is a smaller shop, but I don't consider them a "city shop." I've purchased quite a few RRM parts (and so have you), and neither of us lives in Santa Fe Springs, CA. They will never be a major name like Injen or HKS, but they are the Lancer experts. And they are the only company that makes a lot of Lancer parts. So I appreciate that. I'm a GReddy/HKS fan, but it bothers me that all they made for the first gen Lancers was exhausts and radiator caps... I like that fact that RRM makes dozens of parts for 02-06 cars. Not one or two.

We all have our preferences. Ever since I heard about the poorly-made 02-03 intakes, I've avoided Injen. But I'll happily admit that seeing their 2008 offerings does make me interested in them.
Old Dec 2, 2007 | 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Soldier, this is the greatest response I have seen regarding the bs that goes on regarding dyno requests. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Injen Cold Air Intake