Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Lancer owners with radio issues...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007 | 02:31 AM

Lancer owners with radio issues...

Anyone that has went into their Mitsubishi dealership about the bad radio reception, poor sound quality, etc...have you had your radio's changed under warrenty already?

Reason I ask is because I went into my dealership about a month or month and a half ago about this issue...they noticed the problem right away and placed an order for a new radio for my GTS as a warrenty replacement. I went in two weeks after to ask them and they had told me that they were still waiting but not to worry that when it arrived that they would call me. Fast forward to almost the end of the year and I still haven't heard from them, still don't have my new radio, and still having the same known issues as others with the radio.

I've stressed the fact to them that if i was going to pay an extra $2000 for the S&S, I expect way better sound quality and radio reception, not this bs most of us are getting now.
Old Dec 30, 2007 | 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I had the problem, but they replaced the radio about a week after I went to the dealership. It solved the problems for me, mostly. The poor sound quality is just because the stock radio can't take full advantage of the speakers.
Old Dec 30, 2007 | 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Go to another dealer tell them the issue, or just call Mitsu HQ
Old Dec 30, 2007 | 10:53 PM

This week I plan on going back to the dealership kindly "remind" them Im still left with the same ****ty radio in my GTS...not to mention the tint I want them to replace because they wouldn't listen to me when I told them to install the moleskin.
Old Dec 31, 2007 | 11:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I rarely use the radio. Just don't really care, I guess. I have a 6 CD changer with an iPod hookup, so I'm good.
Old Dec 31, 2007 | 11:38 AM

I usually get sick of all my cd's so I like to listen to the radio during the morning drive and the drive home...just gets me upset when the station has a constant static noise in the back round and the volume is going up and down.

To make me happy they could just order a Navi system from the states and Id be the happiest customer...but that would be in a perfect world.