Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Aftermarket Alarm install help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Alarm install help

Hey everyone, I am looking to install an aftermarket car alarm and remote start on my 2002 ES. My question is if anyone has done this to know what wires are the ignition, starter, and accessories wires. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:07 AM

lol i tried this and found nothing here. Your best bet is to take it to someone who does these things
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:10 PM

do a google search for the wiring diagram and you can find it. unless you have a **** ton of confidence DO NOT DO IT. i install them for a living, and people that do them on their own usually blow fuses by wiring them to the fuses and dumb stuff like that.

it is worth the hundred dollars that circuit cities charge you to put them in for it to be done professionally. we are trained to do them, and that is why they have lifetime install guarantee's.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:18 PM

If you actually know what you are doing you should be able to figure out which wires are which without any wire color help. Wiring diagrams are mearly to help you locate the correct area and from there all good installers will test the wire. I do this for a living and you NEVER take a piece of paper as correct without testing. I can't tell you how many times they've been backwards are wrong all together. If you must do it yourself, bulldog security has a database for wiring, however I can't stress enough to test the wires with a Digital Mulitmeter. No test lights, probes, etc....