Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

How to sport seat install and bypass air bag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008 | 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

For those who want to install sport seats.

Here we can discuss installation, bypass tricks for air bag and out smarting the ECU air bag sensor so not to see the air bag message warning.

I just bought a pair of Bomz racing sport seats and I have been wanting to install them but I am worried about the air bag sensor going off. I also want my air bags to deploy. I heard there is a resistor that can be used to fool the sensor into thinking there is someone sitting in the sport seat so the frontal air bags can deploy also so the light and warning message does not display.

I can take it to the shop and get it installed but none of the shops I went to know how to mess with the air bag connection cable to fool the sensors.

Please posts some help if you are familiar with this in your own car or other cars.

Last edited by LANCERGTS2008; Apr 30, 2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Proper wording
Old Apr 30, 2008 | 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

bad move on the Bomz racing seats.

however it'd be good to have an answer to this cos i know a bunch of 08 guys want to install the megan seats but are worried about the airbag sensor.
Old Apr 30, 2008 | 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

The manual just shows two switches and a resistor, take apart the connector and use a digital multimeter to check what the resistance is with someone sitting on the seat. It looks like there are 2 resistors on separate cables, so you'll have to do some playing around with the cables under there to figure out which ones you need to bypass. I don't think you'll need to fool around with the seatbelt, but you may need to do that one too. If you need any circuits PM me.
Old May 18, 2008 | 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

does any1 know if any companys make resistors for our cars?

cause i got a bride zeta 3 on the drivers side and i need a resistor 2 turn off the SRS light

cause i know TRD does it makes dummy plugs for toyotas
Old May 19, 2008 | 01:57 AM

yeah hoping a company or someone will come up with the solution especially with the resistor. I got money set for 2 megan racing seats and want to get them already
Old May 21, 2008 | 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crypto
bad move on the Bomz racing seats.

however it'd be good to have an answer to this cos i know a bunch of 08 guys want to install the megan seats but are worried about the airbag sensor.
After you said bad move on the seats, I did a little research trying to figure out why you may have said that and thought to my self maybe the seats are knock offs? Damn I think they are now that you bring me to that realization!!!

Are these knock off, is this really a bad move and how bad is it? I dont like knock offs nor do I purchase theM.
Old May 22, 2008 | 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LANCERGTS2008
After you said bad move on the seats, I did a little research trying to figure out why you may have said that and thought to my self maybe the seats are knock offs? Damn I think they are now that you bring me to that realization!!!

Are these knock off, is this really a bad move and how bad is it? I dont like knock offs nor do I purchase theM.
i wouldnt say u bought knock off seats, but i understand y Crypto said bad move on the seats

im not tryin 2 offend any1 here, if sometakes offence to what i have to say next im sorry but here i go

ok so bomz seats r not replicas or anything but they just arnt FIA approved, same goes for other brands like Megan racing, Tenzo R, Tom's, or APC

which means yes the seats r cheaper then more expensive brands like Recaro, Bride, Sparco, Momo but if anything happens like the seat snaps on u (yes it can happen if u get into a serious accident) then it could b more of a danger then it is a safety

like reasons on y brands like Recaro and Bride and such r more expensive is because not just the brand name but also the FIA approved, which is part of saftey and can insure ur saftey in the seats

i mean if u want a cheap seat and FIA approved Sparco Speeds r the way 2 go

end of spluge

i hope i didnt offend any1 on that
Old May 22, 2008 | 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

no offenses taken it's a good explaination about choosing safety over price. now i learned something new.
Old May 23, 2008 | 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by azn_ghetto
i wouldnt say u bought knock off seats, but i understand y Crypto said bad move on the seats

im not tryin 2 offend any1 here, if sometakes offence to what i have to say next im sorry but here i go

ok so bomz seats r not replicas or anything but they just arnt FIA approved, same goes for other brands like Megan racing, Tenzo R, Tom's, or APC

which means yes the seats r cheaper then more expensive brands like Recaro, Bride, Sparco, Momo but if anything happens like the seat snaps on u (yes it can happen if u get into a serious accident) then it could b more of a danger then it is a safety

like reasons on y brands like Recaro and Bride and such r more expensive is because not just the brand name but also the FIA approved, which is part of saftey and can insure ur saftey in the seats

i mean if u want a cheap seat and FIA approved Sparco Speeds r the way 2 go

end of spluge

i hope i didnt offend any1 on that
Thank I appreciate that, I am also glad their not knock offs! Good info on the saftey because I do care for that, I am going to have the seats installed and looked at first at the upholstery shop this weekend and ask them if they think I will be safe in the seats. I am also going to post up the pics from the install.
STAY TUNED TO EVOLUTIONM.NET!!!! SHOW AND SHINE BABY!!!
Old May 23, 2008 | 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

eh... an upholstery shop wouldn't be the first place I'd go to for opinions on seat safety.