Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Canadians Buying '09 GTS In The US

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkie
I have an 09 Canadian GTS with Navi and it has a Canadian Map. Only thing is that its an 06 Map and no update available yet.
Hmmm..., maybe 1906 would be a problem, but not 2006, to me.

You bought your '09 GTS in the US or you paid big bucks for the Navigation accessorie in Canada?

Last edited by Karen Carpenter; May 20, 2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old May 20, 2008, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by G Ram
It is in the Lancer's accessory section on mitsubishi-motors.ca
I hope it's an update for the ones that were bought in the US..., not only for their $3,063.00 Navigation kit (already Canadian).

Last edited by Karen Carpenter; May 20, 2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by G Ram
My '08 GTS was manufactured in Japan
All of the Canadian ones are.

So did you make up your mind as to which package?? S&S or NAV. Personally I would want the Sun Roof. I could care less about the CD Changer could always swap out with after market parts.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:49 AM

Yeah' I want both...

________

Sun and Sound Package MSRP: $1750
650 Watt (Max) Rockford-Fosgate® PUNCH Premium Sound System w/ 9 Speakers Including 10: Subwoofer, SIRIUS® Satellite Radio w/ 6-Months Service Provided by Sirius From Date of Sale, 6CD/MP3 In-Dash Head Unit, Power Glass Sunroof, FAST-Key Entry System

Replaces Standard Audio Head Unit

Navigation Package MSRP: $1800
30GB HDD Navigation with Music Server and Single CD/MP3/DVD Head Unit, Diamond Lane Guidance, Auxiliary Video Input Jack

Replaces Standard Audio Head Unit

..., but I've sent two e-mails/quotes to the nearest USA Dealer from Montreal in Burlington and still got no response... I sent one Friday and another one yesterday Monday.

Old May 20, 2008, 04:41 PM

Now I know this post's totally off topic (I own/manage a forum myself), but I didn't know where to post this, so move the post where you guys want to...

I want your opinions on what this guy's saying..., I'm curious about what he says comparing 2.4L to 2.0L Lancers near the end...

09 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS vs 08 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

Old May 21, 2008, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

I dont think i heard him say nething about the engine other than the 09 has a 2.4L now. my opinion, its a horrible review. In no way can you compare a manual with a CVT. Also, my brother owns the spec V and I've driven it. Yes it does make more hp, but I feel once your out of first its like the hp isnt really there, where as with my GTS once i get out of first i feel that i can actually do something. For 50 more hp i wasn't that impressed. And what he was saying about the chassis is def true. Tried takin the spec v through a tight turn, grazed some sand and it felt like it was just gonna take off on me...never had that experience in my GTS except in the snow
Old May 21, 2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by kalpakiotis
I dont think i heard him say nething about the engine other than the 09 has a 2.4L now.
At 1:30, he says that the engine doesn't rev as quickly as other 2.0L Lancer trim models.

Last edited by Karen Carpenter; May 21, 2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old May 21, 2008, 03:58 PM

Boy that Nissan car is ugly compared to the Lancer.

People always go for the perfomance blah, blah.. Man, I live in Montreal, it's a big city, there's no place for racing here and I don't f$%& care for racing.

The Lancer GTS 2.4L is beautiful and just seems a lot more comfortable to drive.

Last edited by Karen Carpenter; May 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old May 22, 2008, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

I only have the 2.0L, and I havn't test drove the 2.4L. But from what i remember from test driving the CVT. Even in sports mode it seems a little sluggish. There's no way you can get the same control out of the CVT as you can in the MT. That's why I wouldn't even consider their little test drive a very good comparison. Besides, the Lancer is a much nicer design, inside and out. Not to mention that the clutch pedal is insanely small.......
Old May 22, 2008, 11:58 AM

Motor Trend has a very positive review about the '09 GTS 2.4L CVT...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

Old May 25, 2008, 09:12 PM

I've sent numerous e-mails to US Mitsubishi dealers and none of them have responded... I starting to think that they don't want to sell cars to Canadian citizen...

Old May 27, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

If it's not too far I'd probably just go down there and see what the deal is. I'm wondering if they will try to charge you more if they know your from Canada if they know the Canadian dealerships gouge citizens.

Good choice on getting both, the Nav is probably one of the best navigation units on the market especially in this price range vehicle. I have yet to see another with the 30GB MusicServer feature unless you go into 30-40k cars and even those have like 9.1GB Music HD's.
Old May 29, 2008, 06:37 PM

' Got any pics of your '09 GTS already on the forum, Nathan0490?

Old May 30, 2008, 01:29 PM

Does anyone know if modifications like speed-o-meter, gauges, etc..., have to be done in the US or in Canada?

Old May 30, 2008, 09:46 PM

Just to let you know, less and less US dealers are willing to sell to Canadians. This might be an explanation as to why they haven't replied to your emails.

A few months ago, I emailed plenty of dealers in the States (not Mitsubishi) and they have said they're not allowed to sell to Canadians. For example, Mazda USA has a policy set in place to protect their Canadian counter parts from us buying in the States and importing it. If a dealer does decide to you, they may risk their license altogether. I have a feeling Mitsubishi is the same way.

Also, I'm not sure if you already know, if you buy your Lancer from the States and bring it up, you warranty will NOT be honoured.

Check this site:

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=253#MITSUBISHI

It also has a bunch of other manufacturers and whether they honour US bought cars in terms of warranty.

In my opinion, I don't think it's worth that saved $5000 to buy in the States and lose the 10 year warranty. It's a huge risk to take and a huge lose in terms of aftersales maintenance and care. I'd go the route that a previous member suggested and retrofit the navi yourself.

Just my $0.02 from a fellow Canadian Good luck!

Quick Reply: Canadians Buying '09 GTS In The US