Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Canadians Buying '09 GTS In The US

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karen Carpenter
I've sent numerous e-mails to US Mitsubishi dealers and none of them have responded... I starting to think that they don't want to sell cars to Canadian citizen...

Fax them at the very least. Phoning would be a better idea. I dont think theyre going to take quotes over email too seriously...
Old May 31, 2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by babydubz
Just to let you know, less and less US dealers are willing to sell to Canadians. This might be an explanation as to why they haven't replied to your emails.

A few months ago, I emailed plenty of dealers in the States (not Mitsubishi) and they have said they're not allowed to sell to Canadians. For example, Mazda USA has a policy set in place to protect their Canadian counter parts from us buying in the States and importing it. If a dealer does decide to you, they may risk their license altogether. I have a feeling Mitsubishi is the same way.

Also, I'm not sure if you already know, if you buy your Lancer from the States and bring it up, you warranty will NOT be honoured.

Check this site:

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=253#MITSUBISHI

It also has a bunch of other manufacturers and whether they honour US bought cars in terms of warranty.

In my opinion, I don't think it's worth that saved $5000 to buy in the States and lose the 10 year warranty. It's a huge risk to take and a huge lose in terms of aftersales maintenance and care. I'd go the route that a previous member suggested and retrofit the navi yourself.

Just my $0.02 from a fellow Canadian Good luck!
I'm starting to think that I will not have any warranty at all.

Will the warranty still be honored in the US since I bought it there? ..., but use the car in Canada?

Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:04 PM

I heard that we, Canadians, need a passport to cross the Canada/USA border... Is this true?

Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:15 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by Karen Carpenter
I heard that we, Canadians, need a passport to cross the Canada/USA border... Is this true?

I found that..., I guess that'll be the case starting on June 2009.
______

Land and sea travel to the United States

Starting June 1, 2009, Canadian citizens will be required to present a valid passport, a NEXUS card, or other acceptable document when seeking to enter the United States.