Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Lancer 08/09 - What have you had to replace.. brakes, clutch, etc...?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer 08/09 - What have you had to replace.. brakes, clutch, etc...?

If you have an 08-09 lancer, what "wear" parts have you had to replace so far if any? For example, anyone go through a set of brake pads or rotors yet, what about a clutch, or any other part... Post the mileage too.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mmartahus
If you have an 08-09 lancer, what "wear" parts have you had to replace so far if any? For example, anyone go through a set of brake pads or rotors yet, what about a clutch, or any other part... Post the mileage too.
Tires & brake pads replaced around 20k miles. But I Auto X often and have a pretty spirited driving style.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

how many miles are u at now and how much were replacement brake pads?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
how many miles are u at now and how much were replacement brake pads?
I'm about to hit 27k and the pads were around $100. You can certainly get OEM or generic pads for cheaper but when it comes to brakes I like to splurge. Between the braided brake lines, good quality pads, nice tires, and race-quality brake fluid, my Lancer's stopping power is insane! (and very consistent...no hint of fading at all...ever) The price of insanity = about $650 for everything I mentioned.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:09 PM

I turned the rotors after about 24k, the pads still looked plenty good but I had a bad vibration at high speed when braking. They were a pain to get off, I had to tap out the studs on the driver side. I mistakenly took off the nut that holds the cv joint in, thinking it held the rotor on because they were rusted on so good. I put some anti seize on them this time, hopefully that helps. Cost of turning them was twenty bucks, and before i turned them, i painted the inside portion red. looks kinda neat; a little different than painting the calipers.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Just an update, im at 9k miles and no problems, brakes still great, clutch feels good. I did just get new tires, not because i was out of tread on the dunlops, its just that they did not seem like good tires for the winter, so I just upgraded to Continental ContiExtremeContact all-seasons
Old Nov 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

i got to about 9k and my tires were practically bald, still are, i dont have money for new tires, i pray they dont pop...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:21 AM

my stock tires went bald at about 13k, bought new summer tires (F1s), im at 18k now and am buying winter tires (blizzaks) for.. the winter lol.. havent had to replace anything else, although my brakes are kinda iffy at higher speeds like TruckFreak has mentioned so in spring ill probably splurge a tiny bit and get a decent setup.. but all in all im loving this car, one of the few cars ive driven that it never gets old to drive
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
I'm about to hit 27k and the pads were around $100. You can certainly get OEM or generic pads for cheaper but when it comes to brakes I like to splurge. Between the braided brake lines, good quality pads, nice tires, and race-quality brake fluid, my Lancer's stopping power is insane! (and very consistent...no hint of fading at all...ever) The price of insanity = about $650 for everything I mentioned.
Which company did you go with for all those parts?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hydrolikz
Which company did you go with for all those parts?
RRM for the pads, brake lines (and most recently, rotors). The tires are Bridgestone Potenza's from Tire Rack, and the brake fluid is from Amsoil.