Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

08 Lancer GTS Rockford Fosgate use with Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Lancer GTS Rockford Fosgate use with Aftermarket

Ok, this is my current setup

I have the original Rockford Fosgate system with Subwoofer and Amp for my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I did have the Amp spliced to get the speakers to work with an aftermarket radio
however, the subwoofer didn't get wired

My question to the EvolutionM forum members is can I retain my entire setup of speakers by just getting an aftermarket amp?

I had a Pioneer AVIC F900BT installed before with the wiring spliced directly to the speakers and it sounded like crap, (the whole AVIC F unit was crap too, kept crashing and freezing)

Can anyone help me out here?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metra released a new harness recently...

"The factory amplifier is controlled through the car's data bus system and requires communication from the MITO-01 interface to continue working with aftermarket radios. The MITO-02 also provides an adjustable input gain to adapt to the variety of aftermarket radio outputs, and this interface is USB updatable to combat application and technology changes."

Ive been waiting for a this for some time now, and thought a few of you out there might also be interested in this. You can now install an aftermarket head unit while utilizing the stock Rockford amp and subs, with a very simple install.