Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Any tips on removing rear seat 2003 Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any tips on removing rear seat 2003 Lancer Evolution

I'm going tomorrow to pick up a set of rear seats from a 2003 Lancer Evolution. I've removed alot of rear seats from other cars but are there any special tips or tricks or tools needed to remove them?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres two clips that hold the bottom seat under the front part of the back seat. pull them and the bottom seat part will lift out. once you get the bottom half of the seat out, there should be some bolts that hold the upper part of the back seat. when those are out the top part of back seat will just lift off the car. too easy. should only take 30min max. i can do it quicker but thats because i know how.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two tension clips located at the front of the rear seats, hidden under the fabric and foam. You can get your hand underneath the seat and give a tug and it will dislodge. Remove this piece.

Then the back of the rear seats are held on with 3 12mm bolts. They are holding down looped metal. Once those bolts have been removed, you can lift the back of the rear seat directly upwards off of the hooks supporting the top.

Slide the back of the rear seats out from the seat belts. Don't forget to put the 12mm bolts back where they came from or you'll lose them.

There should be a light plastic material separating the rear from the trunk, I removed it from the bottom 2 plugs but left the top centre one intact.

Should be it.