Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

My Lancer Accordion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down My Lancer Accordion

So I was going home from penn state and a buick hit me in the back and drove my nose to the underneath of a tacoma with a tow kit. The last picture is at the dealership with my rear bumper reinforcer sitting in the front of it.

Im not sure if its totaled or not the adjuster hasnt come yet. this happend last wednesday, february 11th. Do you guys think its repairable...? Its a buy and Im still paying on it and I dont know how that works if it gets totaled and how I pay or whatever. Also my first wrecked I hit the side of a jeep and had a broken left mirror, needed my left top rim buffed some minor body work and a new headlight was $3500...sooo itll be interesting to see how this damage this is. The buick is at fault too.... Now Im stuck driving a 2004 mazda tribute lx...my moms... haha.

If I do get my car back I got about $1000 to burn and wasnt sure what I wanted to get done... I was thingking a RRM SRI V2.... some tint (its 230 installed) not sure what percent though. Any Ideas on any of this?

Old Feb 15, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Ouch. Looks pretty bad. Good to know you're okay.

Judging by the pics, I don't think there will be any frame damage. Looks more like parts need to be replaced: hood, front & rear bumper.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i was thinking as long as the RISE body was ok that it wouldnt be totaled...

any ideas on what to blow 1000 dollars on
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear about the crash things could have been worse.
BODYKIT TIME,
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fo sho with the body kit, see if you can get the company repairing it to quote your insurance company the price with the normal stuff, then have you pay the difference for the after market. I have done that on paint before. 1g, may not be enough though.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:14 PM

Sorry to see what happened. I got in a little bender myself in the first month of getting my lancer. But anyways, to blow a $1000 has to be totally up to what you want out of the car. Like myself, I just ordered the RRM SRI V2 this Friday, then Im going to go for suspension, and rims. Im going to do more to the engine after I feel like my car is on the ground enough to go fast. Nothing more uncomfortable then a fast, loose car. Im going for performance and stability before I go to beauty. In most cases you can do pieces of beauty while your doing the performance. So good luck deciding what your going to do first. I know how hard it was for me to figure out.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

i unno i like the sri v2..but id go cai if i didnt have to deal with snow..but id say coilovers man..im still waitin for the teins to be released thru RRM. the megans ive heard good and bad things about. up to u..could go cf hood n RRM timing module, cf hood- definately go seibon..some of the lancers in my hood that orderded like vis..they look like ****e upclose
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah... the sri is around 220 dollars i think and the tint is around 230... i want to get 18 OEM rims but I gotta buy tires too...sigh...Im sure itll all come into place eventually. I just miss my car! lol
Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:20 AM

I totally understand what you mean. lol. Ours is in the shop now and we have a nice Jeep Cherokee Laredo as a rental and I love it but I keep saying "I can't wait to get my baby back!"
Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:37 AM

It is weird how the back bumper just falls off like that. Sorry to hear about the crash. As for tint look at the laws around your area and then decide what % you want
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha... PA tint laws = NO AFTERMARKET TINT. Techincally 70% is the legal limit, but where can you go to get that??? It's like nothing at all.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

actually my bumper was sorta still on after the collision...but the officer asked me to get my insurance stuff and whatever so i sat back in the lancer and i heard this CRSSSHH noise and boom my rear bumper fell off along with the shock absorber. WTH is up with that....

I better get my Patriots license plate holder back
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

yeah car is good, def not totaled. as for your money? i got rims for sale and cheap haha
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:34 AM

how is the front brace under the hood ? That is a crinkle zone also. That could be a determining factor. Save the money. I am the conservative type.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:08 AM

OUch!!!!! i think you should get evo style carbon fiber hood, it might be cheaper than OEM hood.

Quick Reply: My Lancer Accordion