Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Which Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got my projectors, will have pics up when i get some extra time, they look awesone
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by itscypha
well few things you can take into consideration is 1. are you going for looks? 2. are you going hid? 3. are cops big d***'s around with mods on cars? cuz if ur going to need better lighting its an automatic that you go Hid. and if cops arent big on it like around me. you can just blackhouse your headlights and do hid. if not projectors will do the trick since they have a cutoff line so you dont blind other drivers. then you will want to put hid on it also. a good choice is depo's h7 projectors headlights they have on ebay or on roadracemotorsports.com not on the depoautolights.com website you have there. but in whatever choice you pick in headlights brightness will only come with hid 4k 4500k 5000k best choices in kelvin watts.

best thing is u save way more than depoautolights.com and gives u enough to buy a hid kit off of "02-Lancer-Es" member on forums sells really good quality hid kits. hope this helps!

I have ordered these ones with the HID kit for $300 shipped. There is a guy on ebay selling them as a kit. I prefer the look on these ones. I'll post about the quality after I get them. Since they are DOT approved, I wonder if I"ll have problems with the police having HIDs.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

my depo projectors installed with my newly painted grille, what do y'all think?
Attached Thumbnails Which Headlights?-lancer-009.jpg   Which Headlights?-lancer-011.jpg   Which Headlights?-lancer-012.jpg  
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

nice... really nice. how do they light up?
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like I"m still the only one who has ordered the black ones. Mine should be here Friday.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

i started thinking about it and i kinda wish i had ordered the black ones, cuz i found some tail lights i actually like, black evo style. but i'm still happy with them, i will keep them for now, they light up pretty good. definately better than the piece of crap stock ones i had. now i just need an HID kit, which is just more money, haha.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdparadee
i started thinking about it and i kinda wish i had ordered the black ones, cuz i found some tail lights i actually like, black evo style. but i'm still happy with them, i will keep them for now, they light up pretty good. definately better than the piece of crap stock ones i had. now i just need an HID kit, which is just more money, haha.
Mine come with the HID kit. I have the rear black evo style taillights and figured they would match great. I'll be posting up some pics friday.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jdparadee
my depo projectors installed with my newly painted grille, what do y'all think?
I'm thinking bout getting those headlights on ebay. did you hook up the light in the middle?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pepethehepe
I'm thinking bout getting those headlights on ebay. did you hook up the light in the middle?
They are great. Tack on the extra 100 and get the ones with hid kit installed. I have a write up on it. They are great.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
those are nice but i perfer real cedia's, ... that is what i got..
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
those are nice but i perfer real cedia's, ... that is what i got..
The only real reason I didn't go with the cedias was they aren't D.O.T. or S.A.E. approved. If they where, I would have probably got them.