Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Which Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Headlights?

so with the tax season, i will coming into a bit of money. and have been considering getting some headlights, the only problem is i can't decide which ones to get.
http://depoautolights.com/headlights...aeb54b4ad0b8ca
i was wondering if anyone has used the projectors, and how bright they are compared to the others. i was thinking of getting the blak dual projector ones, but just wanted some input from you all. i need a light that is bright, i drive on idaho roads with deer and other creatures, so visibilty is a big part of my decision.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

well few things you can take into consideration is 1. are you going for looks? 2. are you going hid? 3. are cops big d***'s around with mods on cars? cuz if ur going to need better lighting its an automatic that you go Hid. and if cops arent big on it like around me. you can just blackhouse your headlights and do hid. if not projectors will do the trick since they have a cutoff line so you dont blind other drivers. then you will want to put hid on it also. a good choice is depo's h7 projectors headlights they have on ebay or on roadracemotorsports.com not on the depoautolights.com website you have there. but in whatever choice you pick in headlights brightness will only come with hid 4k 4500k 5000k best choices in kelvin watts.

best thing is u save way more than depoautolights.com and gives u enough to buy a hid kit off of "02-Lancer-Es" member on forums sells really good quality hid kits. hope this helps!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

oh and dif from those headlights on depoautolights.com and to these headlights are that the ones from that site are cedias retrofitted with projectors and these are real depos made from company.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

thats great info, thanks, what do you think would look better, i was thinking about the black ones because they don't have any amber lenses in them, the projectors on the road race website have a little amber section, which do you think looks best, i would upgrade to HID eventually but for now i just need something better than what i have. the lights i have now, are all scratched up and just need to be replaced. but i do like the lights on roadrace website, and where did you say you could get an HID kit?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

are those lights you have there painted with the houses black? the only ones on the road race website are clear. did you do that yourself?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

yea mine are the stock headlights. easy method of oven on headlights go in with wet towel steam gets glue tacky to seperate the headlight paint the chrome n tada reseal wit same glue and to get headlight scratches out u can sand with 2000 sand paper wit water and go to autozone and get the restorer which is like 2 bucks. all honesty u can do ur headlights nice for less than 10 bucks. and jus put hid kit in. thas what i did. i took a image of how bright they are compared to reg halogen bulbs as u notice the fogs... and the member 02-es-lancer i can link u to his member page. but he sells kits for 130shipped normally any k color lo/hi beam. i bought a set from him and they have been runnin mint wayy better than my phillips kit i had before. i can link you to a DIY page for our headlights and i can help u out with anythin else u need let me know
some shots,

BEFORE HID:

Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yea this is his profile so you can pm him or what not. should check his setup very nice... im going to buy those prjectors soon i showed u and doin dual hid kits 02-Lancer-Es
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.slickcar.com/accessories/...conversion.asp
alright, how about this site? it says on there that they have black JDM headlights. is that a true cedia, or still a knock off? and if they are knock offs, where can i get a real set. i am going to get new ones, because they are scratched and cracked, so i am needing something new, but would like to do HIDS.

also how did you wire your fog lights into the rest of your lights circuits, i was going to put a set of fog lights on and got a fuse tap but couldn't decide how to wire it, because there is a fuse for each light, how did you wire yours up?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

the ones on that page are stock headlights but black house made by depo. sp of u like ur stockers but in black thats the way to go. but if u want dual beam cedias. u can buy them at the site depoautolights.com and they are these http://depoautolights.com/mitsubishi...aeb54b4ad0b8ca but the ones wit projectors are ones the company takes apart from stock cedia n adds projectors. which still work lovely just not oem. if u search one guys projector halo fell off in headlight. lol. me i stick wit either oem blacks wit hid or depo projectors since theres a better warranty and guaranteed no leaks.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

and foglights are grounded to chassis power from battery and relay from headlight knob to also a lil switch which looks oemish for car so when lights are on they come on and if i wanna shut em off i hit switch n off. or i can leave em on and when i shut car off they go automatically off wit car OEM Style
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

and can you buy the depo projectors from that depoautolights page? are the single projectors any different than the others in terms of performance? it says on that page also that those black stock looking lights aren't HID compatible.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

not compatible cuz its considered illegal. :-x i dont think dual projector would be beneficial since youll get a cutoff line and it will be same as havin lo's on unless u raise em up high. so 1 projector is best In my opinion. that way the hi can spread all over the place. no projector hid spreads all ove place all into woods n crap. i open moonroof and look up n its lit up! but basically if u can afford the projectors id go for the cedia projectors or the depo projectors over jus cedias or reg jdm blacks. id just look into what that sites warranty is with those cedia projectors. dont wanna buy em wit problems.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

any other websites to look at, the only one that i have found so far really that has a black projector is the depoautolight.com. and i have been unable to find a website that knows what a cedia projector is besides us. lol
Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

hey itscypha, what kind of fog lights do you have? is there any real difference between ones you can buy? i mean i have seen PIAA sets for like 800 bucks, but for just like 40 or 50 is there any set that you can get thats better than the others? the ones at like my local autozone seem so cheap.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

well i dont use mine for function lol jus for looks sadly. soon im gonna go projector fogs n hid them FTW. but yea i wouldnt know if any difference