Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

tinting tail lights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say dont do it, i have it on my car it looks so sweet but after 3 tickets in less then a year on them it ant worth it. But if u still decided use the paint its call nightshade. Best way to get that nice glossy black look
Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

i don't mind the chrome tail lights so much, i like the stye but don't like the way the lense looks, which is true for all tail lights, whether it be chrome, carbon fiber, or black JDM, that is why i was thinking of tinting them. i haven't really found a set of tail lights that i would put on my car that i wouldn't want to tint. so what kind of tint is a "good" quality that won't fall off or peel or whatever.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Nightshade
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:57 PM

I blacked out my taillights with that nightshade spray tint and it came out fine, I havent gotten pulled over for it and it is real dark.
Old May 1, 2009, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spdrcr456
Spray on tint looks like crap. Unless you have them profesionaly sprayed.
And overlays do not fall off if you buy the right stuff. Ive had mine on for over 2 years and they still look new.
Know your facts.
haha you live in so-cal. He said they fall off in the winter, and I know its warm down there in the winter. The guy that said that is from Chicago and it gets damn cold down there, and Idaho gets cold as well.
Know your facts!

I did my tail lights today with the night shades spray. Cost me 10 bucks and looks amazing and I've had a few police follow me and have had no run in so far and its also real dark! I love the look and think it was worth it, I did my turn signals and reflectors too, I'll post pictures soon but it looks really good in my opinion, I say look into it, just make sure you "sweep" when you spray it to keep even.
Old May 1, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

turn signals

yea post up some pics!
Old May 1, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

To be honest, the turn signals kinda turned out ****ty (The ones on the side of the car). I smoked the reflectors n stuff too, but the turn signals since they are so small and rounded I think I sprayed too much on. Like it shows through and you can see when they are blinking, but its not that bright anymore, like I cant see them on the ground anymore, but they look amazing, ESPECIALLY at night. They are super dim when driving and when you break they light up the same and it looks sick. Im washing the car and shooting some photos tomorrow and I'll post them up.
Old May 3, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Heres how mine turned out (sorry for the low quality, my g/f's cam was missing so we had to use her old one and it sucks ***)

I personally like them a ton. They show through perfect yet help the look of the car a lot more then stock. I think I did them a little dark but overall I couldn't be happier, the spray cost me 11 bucks and it went on in 20 mins time with 3 coats and were back on the car.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The evo lives in Chicago full time with 140000 all weather miles.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:32 PM

I love the look... it's pretty sweet... I'm thinking of doing that to mine as well - not sure if I'm going to spray it or use a tint film... I think I might go with the film b/c the police are pretty picky up here...
Old May 4, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

I got the spray because I've just heard from lots of people up here that it falls off in the cold. With weather getting down to -20 n stuff here I figured I'd try the spray first. It comes off pretty easy too with paint thinner and a rag with a little time incase they do pull you over. I think the look is perfect and I suggest it. I've had cops behind me and what not and not one has even looked at me twice and cops are picky here too. I think it looks sick, I just wish my car was black, not thunder grey
Old May 24, 2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by ejlancer
i say dont do it, i have it on my car it looks so sweet but after 3 tickets in less then a year on them it ant worth it. But if u still decided use the paint its call nightshade. Best way to get that nice glossy black look
well that answered my concerns

where can you pick up this nightshade spray?
Old May 25, 2009, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

I got mine at a local O'Reily auto store. Or order it online, dont pay more then like 10 bucks for that stuff. It works perfect I just have heard of people paying like 20. Check for it, I haven't been hassled by cops or anything. I love it!
Old May 25, 2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sir Lance-A-Lot
I got mine at a local O'Reily auto store. Or order it online, dont pay more then like 10 bucks for that stuff. It works perfect I just have heard of people paying like 20. Check for it, I haven't been hassled by cops or anything. I love it!
alright thanks. last question where do you spray?
Old May 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 02lancerguy
alright thanks. last question where do you spray?
What do you mean? Like physical location or where on the car?

Quick Reply: tinting tail lights