Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

tinting tail lights

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
physical location.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

outside, or in a garage. Somewhere where the weather is between like 60 and 90 and not really humid. In your house if you want.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:05 AM

ok now where on the head/tail lights do you spray?
Old May 26, 2009, 08:27 PM

where do you spray, hahahahaha omg that is funnyy!!
Old May 26, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't spray the headlights or you will lose lighting. I sprayed my housing on my head lights on the inside (not the chrome or your headlights will be useless, but hte chrome frame around the housing for the light bulb) with a high temp black spray to make it smoked looking. I sprayed the tail lights over the outside, I just took them off the back of the car, layed them on the ground and sprayed them in a sweeping motion with 3 coats and thats how they turned out. Have you ordered/tried it yet? Post pics once your done!
Old May 27, 2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sir Lance-A-Lot
I wouldn't spray the headlights or you will lose lighting. I sprayed my housing on my head lights on the inside (not the chrome or your headlights will be useless, but hte chrome frame around the housing for the light bulb) with a high temp black spray to make it smoked looking. I sprayed the tail lights over the outside, I just took them off the back of the car, layed them on the ground and sprayed them in a sweeping motion with 3 coats and thats how they turned out. Have you ordered/tried it yet? Post pics once your done!
alright thnxs man. Anyways by the time I get around to it everyone will have moved on so don't wait . But when I do pics will show up.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

I cant wait to see it, regardless of how long it takes. Why are you taking time to do it?
Old May 27, 2009, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

if you want black smoked out then just get some vht nightshades. if you want a dark cherry red/black what you do is go to autozone. get some red metalcast paint made by duplicolor. no one really knows but its translucent. and do alot of coats and it comes out as a very dark cherry red. looks sick man.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:50 PM

that car looks exactly like mine, except my grill is flat black and i have it close to slammed also with the blackouts and with the painted black stock oz rims
Old May 29, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

I wish my lancer was black, but I cant complain.
Old May 29, 2009, 07:51 PM

I cant wait to see it, regardless of how long it takes. Why are you taking time to do it?

dad doesn't like me fooling with the car and I wanted to do it when he's not home which is pretty impossible since he's retired and all .
Old May 29, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Just do it at a friends house or your girls house or something and act see how long it takes him to notice. haha
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:26 PM

Just do it at a friends house or your girls house or something and act see how long it takes him to notice. haha
well luckily he [dad] isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer in terms of spotting changes to something small. I'll probably just go to some secluded areas with someone that knows what they are doing and do it there. Unfortunately none of my friends are into modding their cars.

also, I recently saw a video of some guys using the niteshade spray on the outside not the inside. I heard it doesn't work that well and that it comes off faster then if you sprayed the inside is this true?

Last edited by 02lancerguy; Jun 11, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Not true, mine is sprayed from the outside. I sprayed the inside of my headlights with black high temp paint for the chrome around the headlight but the night shades is on the outside. It holds perfect and I have had no issues at all with it coming off or anything. I also recently did my brothers car and same deal, it holds perfect. Just make sure to take some grease remover to them first, then wash with a rag and some soap, dry really well and spray the coats and let them dry for at least a few hours before you put them back on the car and then your in business.

I know what you mean about friends not being into modding, i dont have any either so its hard to learn/ find people to do stuff with, I dont know anyone so it kinda sucks. You jsut go with what you learn online and run with it, but you'll be okay night shades isn't that intense to do.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 08:07 AM

Not true, mine is sprayed from the outside. I sprayed the inside of my headlights with black high temp paint for the chrome around the headlight but the night shades is on the outside. It holds perfect and I have had no issues at all with it coming off or anything. I also recently did my brothers car and same deal, it holds perfect. Just make sure to take some grease remover to them first, then wash with a rag and some soap, dry really well and spray the coats and let them dry for at least a few hours before you put them back on the car and then your in business.

I know what you mean about friends not being into modding, i dont have any either so its hard to learn/ find people to do stuff with, I dont know anyone so it kinda sucks. You jsut go with what you learn online and run with it, but you'll be okay night shades isn't that intense to do.

ok thanks. the putting on the niteshade isn't the hard part for me the hard part is finding where the headlights are connected and taking it off.

Quick Reply: tinting tail lights