Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Trunk Swap?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:08 PM
wei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Swap?

Hey Guys, I just came home with my first lancer, a silver '06 ES. I'm really excited, and have always loved the brand (my wife had an OZ rally). I was wondering if there was any way to swap out the trunk, which has the license plate cutout in it, for the evo-style trunk with the solid fascia. Is that possible?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wei
Hey Guys, I just came home with my first lancer, a silver '06 ES. I'm really excited, and have always loved the brand (my wife had an OZ rally). I was wondering if there was any way to swap out the trunk, which has the license plate cutout in it, for the evo-style trunk with the solid fascia. Is that possible?
You have to get 02/03 taillights, a bumper that will fit the 02/03 and then the trunk. Thats all you need. Personally, having a rounded front end and a squared off rear end doesn't look good to me. It doesn't flow well together. I do like the tag on my bumper, helps with sound system not rattling.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:20 PM
wei

Originally Posted by Juan Martinez
You have to get 02/03 taillights, a bumper that will fit the 02/03 and then the trunk. Thats all you need. Personally, having a rounded front end and a squared off rear end doesn't look good to me. It doesn't flow well together. I do like the tag on my bumper, helps with sound system not rattling.
Thanks! I agree about the disparity between front and back. I'll have to make a mockup so I can see what it would look like before buying anything anyway, I just wanted to know what I'd be getting into to get the flat-back (plus, I really like the "Lancer" badge on those trunks). Do you know any common/popular parts shops that would carry those parts?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wei
Thanks! I agree about the disparity between front and back. I'll have to make a mockup so I can see what it would look like before buying anything anyway, I just wanted to know what I'd be getting into to get the flat-back (plus, I really like the "Lancer" badge on those trunks). Do you know any common/popular parts shops that would carry those parts?
I would check ebay quite a bit. Local junk yards are good. In other countries, they have the opposite, the 02/03 front end with the 04-06 rear end, it doesn't look bad, but its out of place.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

I got a 02 rear bumper and the stock taillights I could sell you, I don't know about shipping it though. I can't help you out with the trunk, you could always look on the forums for the parts you need.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:21 AM
wei

Originally Posted by pinstripdlancer
I got a 02 rear bumper and the stock taillights I could sell you, I don't know about shipping it though. I can't help you out with the trunk, you could always look on the forums for the parts you need.
I wish I could buy them right now, because I'd love to get started on this and buying spares from people here on evolutionm would probably save me a lot, but I just don't have the money for all the parts right now. Are those going anywhere soon?