Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Best exhaust for the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009 | 08:54 PM

Best exhaust for the $$$?

Hey, I just purchased my 07 lancer last month and I'm pretty happy with it. I've been looking around online for parts, and it seems that unless you own an EVO that there aren't many options out there. I know of RRM and their website, but haven't had much luck with finding parts friendly sites . Anyhow, my question was who makes an exhaust for the 07 ES that adds a signifigant increase in HP for the money?? I don't want it to sound like a nasty fart cannon either. Any help in other sites out there selling parts for the car would be a great help
Old Mar 23, 2009 | 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Are you in the US? Did you mean 06 lancer? Well I'm going to be honest with you, there is no exhaust that is going to give you a significant increase in power if you are naturally aspirated.
Old Mar 23, 2009 | 03:10 AM

Yeah, it's an 06.......I'd like something that sounds decent then if I can't get much in the HP side of it
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:18 AM

i have an 04 oz lancer and i purchased my exhaust on ebay..it an srs and sounds reely and deff gave me at least some substantial throttle response and deffinately some hp. greddy makes an exhaust called the evo2 wich is realy good also.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

All exhausts give the same power which is little to nothing.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:45 AM

I know that N/A motors don't get much benefit out of adding an exhaust like a car with forced induction will. I'm thinking that by adding a CAI that i'll see the most benefit from with throttle response and performance gain. I'm guessing also by adding a header as well I can get a possible gain too? As far as the comment about the GReddyt EVO2 exhaust, I don't think they make one for the n/a model. Also, Correct me if I'm wrong but parts from the 03 lancer and below won't fit on the 04+ models? And that all 04+ parts WILL fit on the 2006 lancer ES engine? I just wanna make sure I'm not mistaken
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Read the link in my sig, you'll gain maybe 4 HP with all those mods combined.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 06:50 PM

Wow. I'm deeply saddened after reading about the mods you added :/. So in all honesty, IF I'm to EVER make decent HP.....I have to go turbo?? Is it even worth it when you have an automatic?? Maybe I'll just stick to the regular mods i.e. Rims, Exhaust, CAI and Drop springs. It feels like mitsubishi kinda ****ed the N/A lancer community by giving us the SOHC motor. If i'm not mistaken, subaru put the same motor out of thr WRX in the N/A Imprezza. Why couldn't Mitsubishi have just dropped in the motor from the EVO but just been N/A?? I dunno much bout the mitsu's as I've been a Honda tuner for years, and engine swaps are as easy to do as brushing your teeth. I guess I just need to realize that it'll NEVER be an EVO
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

No, the motor in the NA Impreza is a SOHC design, not the DOHC engine in the WRX. It's not the same.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 08:27 PM

So we drive the inferior bastard children of our model . I guess I'll have to save up for an e9 then. But in the meantime, I can still beef up the suspension and put on a nice set of rims so I can get into some SCCA action
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious
Wow. I'm deeply saddened after reading about the mods you added :/. So in all honesty, IF I'm to EVER make decent HP.....I have to go turbo?? Is it even worth it when you have an automatic?? Maybe I'll just stick to the regular mods i.e. Rims, Exhaust, CAI and Drop springs. It feels like mitsubishi kinda ****ed the N/A lancer community by giving us the SOHC motor. If i'm not mistaken, subaru put the same motor out of thr WRX in the N/A Imprezza. Why couldn't Mitsubishi have just dropped in the motor from the EVO but just been N/A?? I dunno much bout the mitsu's as I've been a Honda tuner for years, and engine swaps are as easy to do as brushing your teeth. I guess I just need to realize that it'll NEVER be an EVO
I drive a boosted auto. I would say that it's worth it...
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious
So we drive the inferior bastard children of our model . I guess I'll have to save up for an e9 then. But in the meantime, I can still beef up the suspension and put on a nice set of rims so I can get into some SCCA action
The car is perfectly fine for what it was designed to be, an economic and fun daily driver. It wasn't meant to be fast thus it's not fast. Civics aren't fast with bolt-ons nor are Cavaliers or Proteges or Focuses. A boosted Lancer can be a fine daily driver, it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Do yourself a favor and save for the real deal... an evo.

I've had an OZ, a ralliart, and an evo. There is simply no comparison what so ever between them. Evo smokes it on every front.. handling, performance, build quality, aftermarket parts. I know you just got this car, but if I were you, I'd start saving and trying to sell it. That is unless you want to keep it for a daily driver and get an evo on the side.

I regret buying the ralliart. It was a fun car, but nothing in comparison with the evo. I should have just bought the evo and been done with it. The OZ I gave to my fiance. She loves it, it's a great DD for her.
Old Mar 24, 2009 | 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

OMG!!!! that thread in your link is soooooo funny!!! those people are effin idiots.you keep telling them you got dynoed on a DD,they keep saying"why is mine so much more"?!! and you say because your on a dynojet.@ post later the same thing!!! comedy.i fell sorry for people who buy regular lancers with performance intent.NO POINT
Old Mar 25, 2009 | 07:27 AM

I purchased my lancer out of nescessity. I had a 95 Civic EX and blew the motor on it with 262,000 miles on it, and it blew right before christmas. So my g/f out of the good of her heart bought me my Lancer ES. I definitely didn't buy it with the intent of making it fast lol. I guess I'll just drive it til I can afford an EVO, put some rims on it and just make it look nice for the time being. Civics CAN be fast, but it takes an engine swap normally to do that and lots of $$$. I do like my car, I just wish it were more performance minded . Thanks for the input guys