Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Accolade Evo VII Conversion Kit Fitment From He||

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolade Evo VII Conversion Kit Fitment From He||

Ok so i have had this Evo VII Techsports kit in my garage for months and finally got the money together(After buying up all my turbo parts ) to do paint and install, i wanted to have the install done right so i was just going to pay a little extra and have it all done together... Come to find out, the hood, and the rear bumper do not fit right on the car! Has anybody else run into any issues like this?!
I have read on so many forums on here that its such great fitment so i was reeealy dissapointed when i went back to the shop to pick the car up after almost 5 days.
The hood is not all that bad, it needs to be cut and shaved and remolded to be able to fit on the car correctly tho, the rear bumper is completely off, it doesn't even flow straight across the back of it. I have pics below so you can see what i am talking about, but it is such a **** part that after over 1000 dollars for paint and install, i have my stock rear bumper back on again, cuz the new one looked like ***. I am hoping that Accolade will help me out in getting a new rear bumper or a replacement at a discount cuz i am not a happy camper at this point.

You can see the gaps between the bumper and the trunk/taillights.

Closer

See what i mean, the bumper itself is not even straight! as soon as it hits the middle of the lights it dips down!

Inside Runners

Hood

Front Shot

Any help or tips on fitting would be really appreciated.
Thanks everybody!

Last edited by White_KnightOZ; Apr 4, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:05 PM
Account Disabled

Hmm.. that looks a bit odd I would admit, It would seem the hood and rear bumper needs to be properly adjusted.

The rear bumper should appear as this when properly installed.

Are you satisfied with the body shop that did the work?

Paint Match? Fitment? etc.

A complaint on fitment on the Techsport is exceedingly rare, its the only Evo VII conversion that can be considered a true direct bolt on..
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

i had this problem with mine too except it wasnt from accolade. i just put screws under the lip of the bumper in the middle of the trunk section and ur adjust the screws up till it sits right. dont know if that helps but it worked for me. i used to beable to see the whole lip of the bumper under the trunk while it was closed, now its straight
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

they prolly also didnt notch the sides behind the back wheels, i did that and it made it very easy
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:37 PM

looks really good.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:34 PM

Paint dont match(paint the whole car) and the fitment is rough. I mean if u like it then keep it, if not go back cuz $1000 is a $1000 go get what u want.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

i know the fitment sucks and all.But i gotta say.your car looks hot like that!!! the only thing is,is it painted?? if fully does not match the rest of your car color.like not even close.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Man, Well i figured out what the main problem is.. the front end of the car had to be in some kind of accident that wasn't reported, cuz it was never on any carfax report or anything.. the owner must have gotten a cheap *** paint job, the fenders are a totally off color white with a yellow tint. The shop looks like they tried to blend the stock paint color, with that crappy yellow color, because it has a tint of yellowing on the front 2 doors till about mid way through as well. The kit actually matches the stock color very well, it is a tad bit brighter white then the rest, the fenders just make it look way off.

Dave gave me a great deal on the Evo 9 rear, that will hopefully not take too long to get here, it was suppose to be on the sea container arriving in LA sometime this month. But who knows since i have written him twice in the last two weeks and he still has yet to reply.

Updated Pic:

I got bored with my car sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks unable to run because of a broken ignition switch. So i went up to Lowes and made myself a lip for 20 bucks

O Yea and new headlights! Enjoy!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

car looks nice but yea def. try to get ur fenders repainted. and about accolade sorry to say but u might be in for a long wait, i ordered the extreme version w/ the diffuser rear in july 08 and it still has not arrived!!! good luck and hopefully u wont have to wait nearly as long as me.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled

Tikiman the 3-4 customers left on EvoM are on a shared consignment, customers get their orders in waves.. I always try my best to ensure it gets sent out immediately,.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

You're right White_KnightOZ it does appear the Fenders are the odd-colored pieces. In any case its a nice setup Also that could explain why your hood is off, if there was frame damage its very hard to set straight.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 03:37 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by White_KnightOZ
Thanks Man, Well i figured out what the main problem is.. the front end of the car had to be in some kind of accident that wasn't reported, cuz it was never on any carfax report or anything.. the owner must have gotten a cheap *** paint job, the fenders are a totally off color white with a yellow tint. The shop looks like they tried to blend the stock paint color, with that crappy yellow color, because it has a tint of yellowing on the front 2 doors till about mid way through as well. The kit actually matches the stock color very well, it is a tad bit brighter white then the rest, the fenders just make it look way off.

Dave gave me a great deal on the Evo 9 rear, that will hopefully not take too long to get here, it was suppose to be on the sea container arriving in LA sometime this month. But who knows since i have written him twice in the last two weeks and he still has yet to reply.

Updated Pic:

I got bored with my car sitting in my driveway for 2 weeks unable to run because of a broken ignition switch. So i went up to Lowes and made myself a lip for 20 bucks

O Yea and new headlights! Enjoy!
where did u get those head lights? they look awesome!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JRR
where did u get those head lights? they look awesome!
Type in on ebay, lancer 02 black projector and they will come up. a little bit over 220. But well worth it!

You can see the ones i got, cuz there is a picture of my car on the sellers page with the lights installed.

Dave do you recommend hood pins? I dunno if it is just me but when i was driving on the freeway this morning i was looking at the hood while driving and it almost looks like it shakes with high wind. would hood pins stop that?

Last edited by White_KnightOZ; Jun 16, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Or get the chrome projectors cause they are hella cheaper and paint them using the DIY headlight housing paint method on this forum and you could save like 75 bucks.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Hello White OZ,

Nice looking car and I really like the body kit as well. How long did it take it to arrive when you ordered it though? I ask as often read on this forum it takes a long time. On the Accolade site seems to be many nice looking kits for our lancers with my favorite being the extreme kit , rear diffuser , extreme fenders and the wing like yours. I have no idea what the parts cost though as their site doesnt quote prices.

Justin

Quick Reply: Accolade Evo VII Conversion Kit Fitment From He||