Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Want to re-do the interior of my 06 es, but need help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to re-do the interior of my 06 es, but need help

Hey guys,
so right now my car has the stock assorted gray interior pieces, to go with the gray cloth seats.
I'm f**king sick of gray.
Well except for the exterior... I don't know why.
Anyways, here is what I wanted to do:
1.) All leather seats - Option Racing Leather Seats for driver and passenger, with evo leather seats for rear.
2.) All black and blue interior - Pretty much exactly like the attached image, only with blue instead of yellow.
3.) Interior lighting kits - as well as new gauge colors, needle colors, etc... you get it.

I was wondering what the easiest way to color the door panels, and other misc. spots that I want black (see attached image). For example, glove box, piece above glove box, bottom half of console, door panels, and steering column pieces.
Should I just take as much as I can out, and then tape off the rest? But if I do that then what do I do about the paint smell? Does that whole middle part come out?AHHHHHH I need help!
Attached Thumbnails Want to re-do the interior of my 06 es, but need help-interior-4-.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never mind, I just did the easy parts (yellow in picture) in a blue, and kept the grey, came out really nice in my opinion :]
Just going to finish doing the outside of the cubby, center console, and door panel pieces, maybe even the grabber bar things too, then I'll post pictures.