Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

how to - body kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like if possible try and cut the bumper over taking off the crash bar if possible... I guess we'll see when you post up those pics.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i had to remove my foam bar to install the evo9 rear diff from accolade.. crash bar still installed
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah you always have to remove te foam. I had to also with my front and rear (my rears the same ad yours) but yah for safety reasons messing with the crash bar is not a good idea I feel...
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sn0w Man
mines made by AIT, ill show fitments tomorrow
Thats not a kenstyle rear or side skirts, those are copies of our Gen1 Apex Kit for the rear and sides. And a copy of the kenstyle front.

We actually have a kenstyle rear which requires no modification.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
Thats not a kenstyle rear or side skirts, those are copies of our Gen1 Apex Kit for the rear and sides. And a copy of the kenstyle front.

We actually have a kenstyle rear which requires no modification.
then why is it when i goto kenstyleusa.com it shows the same skirt i have, it does look like the apex, but kenstyleusa is showin 1 that is similar to the apex, if it isnt the same. also is ksport and kenstyle the same? cuz ur ksport is an exact whut i have, not sure on the rear bumper though, also i see like 20 diff companys that sell body kits like yours, and im seein the same thing i got. so im confused as to how these are copies, unless your saying that your company actually gets them from kenstyleusa and AIT doesnt but they make them themselves, correct me if im wrong ...
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:35 AM

sorry guys, i been too busy to stop in take/upload photos, i try get them tomorrow or saturday, promise
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Sn0w Man
then why is it when i goto kenstyleusa.com it shows the same skirt i have, it does look like the apex, but kenstyleusa is showin 1 that is similar to the apex, if it isnt the same. also is ksport and kenstyle the same? cuz ur ksport is an exact whut i have, not sure on the rear bumper though, also i see like 20 diff companys that sell body kits like yours, and im seein the same thing i got. so im confused as to how these are copies, unless your saying that your company actually gets them from kenstyleusa and AIT doesnt but they make them themselves, correct me if im wrong ...
ksport is a replica of kenstyle, the ait kit is a replica of our Apex sides and rear. The only ksport/kenstyle parts you have is a replica of the front bumper, the sides and rear you have are Apex gen1 which were made and designed by us..

Ait makes these kits themselves thats why its green, ait kits are green.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:48 PM

ksport is a replica of kenstyle, the ait kit is a replica of our Apex sides and rear. The only ksport/kenstyle parts you have is a replica of the front bumper, the sides and rear you have are Apex gen1 which were made and designed by us..

Ait makes these kits themselves thats why its green, ait kits are green.

aiiight man i gotchya, theres not much difference in the 2 designs other than the front of the kstyle sid skirt.............. http://www.drivenbystyle.com/0203-mi...2.html?image=0 is that the style bumper? cuz thats whut i have. wen i searched for apex rear i got this.............. http://www.kgsengineering.com/vfiber...1.html?image=0
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

How do those side skirts line up? I got the a accolade ones and they didn't line up at all but Made the mistake of painting them before fitting them on the car so I didn't even try to return them.... Idk if I got a ****ty pair of skirts or accolade makes crappy skirts... But hey dave i liked your front bumper and back bumper the back bumper just looks ****ty cause I didn't prep it and it had waves in it but that's my fault

but yeah snow man how those skirts? I need some new ones since mine look like crap. lol
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by OZboyee
How do those side skirts line up? I got the a accolade ones and they didn't line up at all but Made the mistake of painting them before fitting them on the car so I didn't even try to return them.... Idk if I got a ****ty pair of skirts or accolade makes crappy skirts... But hey dave i liked your front bumper and back bumper the back bumper just looks ****ty cause I didn't prep it and it had waves in it but that's my fault

but yeah snow man how those skirts? I need some new ones since mine look like crap. lol
I thought you wrote on this thread you have extreme dimensions? duraflex.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by OZboyee
Really? That s the stupidest bull **** I've ever heard!! Extreme deminsions does to cause the new one I've got is from them and it's the duraflex one. I had to fab some **** for the splash gaurds to attach to it but never had to remove the crash bar that's nuts...
We are not Extreme Dimensions. Post pics of your car if you can Please. By the way if your side skirts were white they were probably from Tuning411 if you got them from us..

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Aug 13, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

We are not Extreme Dimensions. Post pics of your car if you can Please. By the way if your side skirts were white they were probably from Tuning411 if you got them from us..
sorry that was prolly confusing. i just put a new one from extreme dimensions on. and i think i liked yours better... I Had your front bumper on now i just have your rear evo 9 diffuser and side skirts i took the front bumper off cause some douche hit it, but then i fixed it but i already had the new one on...

I honestly dont remember if the skirts where white i think they where just unpainted fiberglass/gelcoat... the gray color. I was happy with everything except the side skirts to be honest.

ill try and post some pics up in a sec i gotta find em.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

here are some with the kit on... i have the front back hood skirts and spoiler all from you guys. these arent current.. currently i have the back skirts and spoiler on from you.

did you want pics of the skirts not fitting? i may have misunderstood the request for pics...
Attached Thumbnails how to - body kit-2003-mitsubishi-lancer-oz-rally-3972.jpg   how to - body kit-2003-mitsubishi-lancer-oz-rally-5970.jpg   how to - body kit-2003-mitsubishi-lancer-oz-rally-6512.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ozboyee
here are some with the kit on... I have the front back hood skirts and spoiler all from you guys. These arent current.. Currently i have the back skirts and spoiler on from you.

Did you want pics of the skirts not fitting? I may have misunderstood the request for pics...

some small pics lol
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

lol they are from an old cell phone I had last summer when I installed it. Where your figment pics at bro?!

I wanna see exactly what is hitting cause maybe you can cut it... But Id like to see it!! Like I said before I wish you were in CA cause I got that front hood and bumper from accolade up for sale and I woulda helped you install it myself!!! But ahh your to far away!

Quick Reply: how to - body kit