Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

headlights...whatcha runnin?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question headlights...whatcha runnin?

hey guys, so im looking for a different nighttime look on my 02 rally, and im looking between 3500K simulation bulbs, which i had in my last car and they were AWESOME! or some K temp of an HID kit. i was just wondering what you guys were running and how they are working out for you

im a little iffy on the hids because i would love to run two beams, and the same goes for the others, i haven't come across any that are dual filament and colored

Edit- ok i just found some dual filament bulbs, but im still hoping you guys can give me your thoughts on "regular bulbs" vs HIDS...

Last edited by Calicab; Aug 3, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cedias..... im using nokya bulbs 9005&h1's... no need for hid's the light output is bright enough...

the pic below is what jdm cedia's look like... pic was taken @ mod 10'

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...4-mod-2010.jpg
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

^ very nice lancer
Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
cedias..... im using nokya bulbs 9005&h1's... no need for hid's the light output is bright enough...

the pic below is what jdm cedia's look like... pic was taken @ mod 10'

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...4-mod-2010.jpg

i must say that car is beautiful, if you get a sec, is there anyway we could get a shot with the lights on?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

forgot the specs of the bulbs i was using haha.. the headlights are dual beam for hi/lo (a custom harness is needed, i made my own. its really simple, any q's about that just ask )

the watt of the bulbs are 65w for the 9005's klv rating is 7000 and for the h1's, they are 70w klv rating is 7000... the light output @ night is a nice white/blueish color
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id go HID, ill never look back lol, they are BRIGHT, i can see everything its like hkaving high beams on but not blinding people. and 100x whiter and clearer. i have a 6000k kit in my headlights and 3000k in the foglights, the fogs are mainly for looks
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For brightness i would go with a nice set of 6000k Bixneon Hids in a nice regular sized ballast .

As for brightest headlights housing . I would say the stock Stanely dealer headlights do the best job on out put . All the ebay black housing and cedias suck as disbursing light i actually have the Cedias and did not like them at all so i did a Tsx retrofit on them .

So for the best bang for the buck get 6000k Reg ballast kit and stock headlights .
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

cedias sux ?, shame on you.. they are the best heads for the lancer .. i fail to see how the disbursing of the light is bad unless ur lamps arent aligned correctly

mine is perfect.. i rarely use my hi's cause the lows give perfect light output, comb with the aux lights really no need for hid's
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

I have been running HID for a couple years now and I will never go back to halogen these are BRIGHT I have Black Depo 6000k temp HID with halogen for high beams (need different bulbs for high they suck right now lol)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

After reviewing some lighting forums and the comparison between life duration , brightness, and distance.... I picked up some SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlights yesterday.

Defiantly noticed a different "type of light" when driving at night. The silverstar lights have a pure white look with a hint of blue vs a yellow white or tinted bluish tone . Also, making sure headlight aim is proper assures a more promising view.

Plans in the future might lean towards HIDs. maybe
Old Aug 9, 2010, 07:40 PM

i dont think i can run a hallogen and hid, my set up is a single bulb set up, my last car had sets of high and low bulbs and i liked that, but these are single, i was recently told that if i go HID, im only going to be able to run a low beam basically....but somehow that doesn't seem right to me...what you guys think?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

if you get a bixenon kit it will allow you to still have a high beam, but like i said they low beams alone are sufficient even for driving out of town imo.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

I have ran both. Before I got my current Black depo headlights with the separate bulbs for high and low I ran HID bulbs in my stock housings. Yes all I had was low but that was all I needed even traveling late at night through winding road far out of town.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Photool
After reviewing some lighting forums and the comparison between life duration , brightness, and distance.... I picked up some SilverStar Ultra High Performance Halogen Headlights yesterday.

Defiantly noticed a different "type of light" when driving at night. The silverstar lights have a pure white look with a hint of blue vs a yellow white or tinted bluish tone . Also, making sure headlight aim is proper assures a more promising view.

Plans in the future might lean towards HIDs. maybe
If your going to stay halogen, I would have gotten these.... Philips Extreme Power. Outside of true HIR halogen technology bulbs, these Philips XP bulbs offer the highest lumen output. Silverstar ultra's don't offer any more lumens really than a standard and I have read many reviews on them stating that they burn out quickly. The Philips XP are not high wattage either, standard wattage.

http://www.suvlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=100
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:12 AM

An HID system is still the best for light output though.