Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Need help installing interior LED strips

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help installing interior LED strips

just bought some interior LED strips on ebay. had like 15 bucks left in my bank so i decided to all in it for these bad boys. Was wondering if anyone installed one themselves and does it require any splicing? If it does, i guess its gonna void the warranty being how Mitsu dealers work. Would appreciate some help installing or links to guides. THANKS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koa257
just bought some interior LED strips on ebay. had like 15 bucks left in my bank so i decided to all in it for these bad boys. Was wondering if anyone installed one themselves and does it require any splicing? If it does, i guess its gonna void the warranty being how Mitsu dealers work. Would appreciate some help installing or links to guides. THANKS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
If you want to have them light up when the doors open, then you'll probably have to splice it off of the dome wires, which could end up being a pain in the ***. I've seen some lighted kick plates online that have used this same technique.

If you want them on all the time, I'm not sure what wire(s) you'd want to splice, I haven't taken the dashboard apart so I don't know what's where.

As far as the warranty, you'll probably void it on whatever wires you splice. Just make sure you know what you're doing, or find someone that does. I'm not well-versed in electrical systems, so I wouldn't know the first place to start, honestly.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:48 PM

koa257 check your pm's
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Koa257
same here, i have some StreetGlow xtraslim LED strips id like to install under the front headlights. id anyone could tell me how to do this id appreciate it