Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

New trunk for a 2005 Lancer ES

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011 | 08:14 PM

Question New trunk for a 2005 Lancer ES

Hi guys okay so im looking for something Like this as i am about to upgrade my rear bar... I want a boot like this.. is this the regular evo 8 boot or what? ive noticed its rounded and i thought the evo boots were flat... would someone be able to help me with this i dont like my lancers boot anyway, the plate holder gives me the s***s so yeah, I live in Australia by the way so any australian part dealers would be appreciated greatly... Or could i just go and buy an evo 8 boot, would that fit? ive heard about how they are more rigid etc. which doesnt concern me as its just a boot to me at the moment haha...

Thanks for the help guys
-Ghost

Oh and happy easter to you all.
Old Apr 24, 2011 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

yeah the evo 8 one should fit https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ty-thread.html

might be a pain relocating the plates and lighting tho goodluck!
Old May 12, 2011 | 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by burner67
yeah the evo 8 one should fit https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ty-thread.html

might be a pain relocating the plates and lighting tho goodluck!

thanks heaps dude, yeah no im getting that bumper in the pic, so yeah ill just have @to o the lighting etc. thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply, my computer died
Old May 13, 2011 | 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

where you getting the bumper from??
Old May 13, 2011 | 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

delete
Old May 14, 2011 | 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by slatermvp
where you getting the bumper from??
im getting it from accolade they seem to be a trustworthy company, i havent heard anything bad about them
Old May 14, 2011 | 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ghost-Eyes
im getting it from accolade they seem to be a trustworthy company, i havent heard anything bad about them
you obvi havent read the thread on this site yet??
Old May 15, 2011 | 07:50 AM
Account Disabled

first google accolade and see how many different people have been ripped off/screwed over.
next search them on here and see how many just in this community got screwed.(reason they aren't a vendor here anymore)

for the evo trunk it wont fit that bumper. The evo trunk is flat along the bottom and doesn't curve like that one. That looks like a custom shaved lancer 04-06 trunk.

the trunk will bolt on but you might have to re work the bumper to fit the flat style trunk.
Old May 15, 2011 | 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by turbotime
first google accolade and see how many different people have been ripped off/screwed over.
next search them on here and see how many just in this community got screwed.(reason they aren't a vendor here anymore)

for the evo trunk it wont fit that bumper. The evo trunk is flat along the bottom and doesn't curve like that one. That looks like a custom shaved lancer 04-06 trunk.

the trunk will bolt on but you might have to re work the bumper to fit the flat style trunk.

really? okay i see your point, would you be able to suggest an international seller or an australian seller to me? im really keen to do up my lancer but i dont want the run around you know
Old May 15, 2011 | 09:15 AM
Account Disabled

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-ralliart.html

looks like something may be released soon...
Old May 16, 2011 | 03:07 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-ralliart.html

looks like something may be released soon...

That's not looking too good dude, they're having a lot of set backs, so there is no recent word on accolade? like they haven't picked up their game or anything in the past few years?
Old May 17, 2011 | 08:48 AM

How would you suggest going about getting the trunk shaved? and getting the plate holder filled in? and cost wise how much etc? can a local panel beater do it perhaps or yeah...
Old May 19, 2011 | 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

That's not looking too good dude, they're having a lot of set backs, so there is no recent word on accolade? like they haven't picked up their game or anything in the past few years?
they got banned from here just last year if I recall.... risk them if you wish.

I've read on nasioc that the subaru guys seem to have good luck with accolade.. I for one wouldn't give them a dollar.
Old May 19, 2011 | 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

How would you suggest going about getting the trunk shaved? and getting the plate holder filled in? and cost wise how much etc? can a local panel beater do it perhaps or yeah...
yea man I would think so.. I'd probably just weld in some filler plates in the correct shape and angle.. smooth everything out with filler and your good to go.

some guys might fiberglass it but I'd think that would eventually crack over time and look like doo doo.