Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Buyer's beware (interior issue's)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buyer's beware (interior issue's)

Okie dokie, so I have had my 09 Lancer now for going on 1 year, and I have noticed that my interior is horrible. Unfortunately I had no knowledge of imports/ mitsu when I bought my car. BIG MISTAKE. I purchased used with the light colored interior. Little things that you don't really notice on a day to day basis,(I rarely opened my back doors let alone put things in my back seats). Well I was going to detail my interior the other day and as soon as I opened the rear door there were stains galore EVERYWHERE. Even noticed things in the front that were terrible especially the arm rest.

So, moral of the story is, if you buy a lancer be sure to get the dark interior. My fiance ahs a GTS with the black interior cloth, and have NO issues with her's. Ah the things we learn everyday, just a warning to others. Please don't make the same dumb mistake I did. I def should have done more research on this.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:56 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me see if I got this straight. The light-colored interior is "horrible," because you soiled it, did not clean-up, and now it's the interior's fault that it's dirty. Is that right?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry if that came out wrong I was a bit flustered, but no. I took care of the interior, kept it clean and everything but just little things from the interior start to add up. For exp, if I got into the car and I had some sweat on my elbow, the armrest is perm stained. Or if it was raining and I opened the door to get in/out, the water hits the seat/armrest BAM, permanent stain. I've even tried having it professionally cleaned and they couldn't get it clean. The odd part about it is that the floors are immaculate, even the stock floor mats, but I usually try to vaccum weekly and shampoo the mats monthly. It's jsut aggrivating. Not sure if it's just my crappy ES model or any number of other things but I am just not a fan of the light colored interior and I want to warn others before they make the same mistake I did. Come to think of it I'm not even sure if even offers the tan interior anymore...
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you try using a steamer or a steam vac.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

LOL @ this thread.

use a shampooer it will come out, if not take it to a professional detailer.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

The OP said he tried professional cleaning and it didn't work. Just sayin'. But yeah, my first new car (1990 M3) has a tan interior and although the car is otherwise immaculate to this day, the original tan floormats are stained beyond cleaning. This taught me to always get a dark interior car, just for the staining aspect. And if you have kids like I do now, even more important! My Lancer has the black interior so I'm hoping to be ok for many years. Cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

i also recommend using the scotch fabric guard spray, prevents stains, works well imo.