Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Painting. Interrior

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011 | 11:10 PM

Painting. Interrior

Hi guys, below is my lancer 05 interior which looks aged and not suitable for my sport inspired LOL. I'm tryung to mod the interior with repainting and CF decal for a more sporty look. I plan to paint the parts numbered from 1 to 9 black while the wooden oiece will be fitted with dry carbon. However, people are talking me out as this will not last long and also potential poisonous smell fromthe aerosol oaint if younleave the car under the sun for too long. So anybody done this could hwlp me out here? Thanks a lot

Last edited by Richievn; Dec 24, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

not gonna lie, i really like that interior...looks luxurious...why would you rice it out?

I didn't even know lancers came with that color...I have black in my Ralliart, and grey in the ES...i really do like the beige...

Paint the exterior black or very dark blue if anything, and keep the interior...or just leave it alone...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 04:25 AM

Thing is i wanna make it sporty not the luxury. The lancer was sold for 39k here brand new so i'm sure they wanna make it look luxury which the lancer is not meant to be. So if the paint does not get on well, i might just decal it and peel offf later if i'm bored. Could you recommend a good and sturdy decal for the interior coz i'm afraid of the wear amd tear after a while. Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

i don't know, i've never done such a thing, but i really do think it would be a shame to paint that interior...i would be more inclined to swap parts with black lancer interior trim...I really do think it would be a shame to to paint that interior, and i've seen very few painted interior themes that look really good, rather than cheap and ricey...
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I'd leave it as well. If you wanted a sports car, you should have just bought a sports car. My 2 cents.
Otherwise, Krylon makes a paint for plastic.
http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Everyone I know with a painted interior states that the interior pretty much always smells. Just another reason to leave it be or swap out pieces.
Old Dec 26, 2011 | 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
not gonna lie, i really like that interior...looks luxurious...why would you rice it out?

I didn't even know lancers came with that color...I have black in my Ralliart, and grey in the ES...i really do like the beige...

Paint the exterior black or very dark blue if anything, and keep the interior...or just leave it alone...
+1

wish mines looked that good
different from the usual grey

even your keychain kinda matches lol

Last edited by sikksixx; Dec 26, 2011 at 06:46 PM.