Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

New to the Lancer Family

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Lancer Family

So i recently bought myself a 03 oz rally from a dealership and it happens to be my first car i can actually have fun with. I used to drive a beast of a pathfinder and i need something a little faster. Now i know i will probably hear "sell it and go buy an evo", but i don't want to/don't have the money to do that so oz it is. So my question is i am on a tight budget and need to do minor repairs already due to careless owners but what would be some good upgrades to do to make the car a little faster and funny to drive(exhaust system, intakes, etc). I am new to the "tuning car" scene and don't know to much about cars so i plan on learning with this car. and please no evo comments as it hurts enough getting smoked on 4th by an evo on 2nd
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
keep it running...make sure all maintenance is up to date...that will be expensive...then you can think about mods...try and get maintenance history for the car...if not, assume everything needs to be done...

take it from me, my timing belt failed on my 06 Ralliart 20,000km after purchasing it used from a mitsubishi dealership...and about 60,000km past due on the timing belt service. they told me maintenance was up to date and i believed them, cause the original owner purchased the car new from the same dealership and traded it in for an 09 Ralliart.

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jan 21, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey mate wha t I did was listen to your look at your lancers gut and learn research just so you know if stuff goes wrong fix main stuff do timing belts if due brakes check oil will be good way to tell what sort of driver they were transmission oil, wAter, what ever else spark plugs I would of missed heaps but u get idea service it your self or mechanic once you feel your car is nice smooth quiet then start pumping money on mods get header/extractors first then maybe pod intake and ule get the mod bug after that and you will find out more and more to do hope helps
Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
i have a rrm header, highflow cat, and piggyback for sale. i haven't had a chance to list it on here yet. pm me if interested.