Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Should I buy this car?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012 | 06:40 AM

Should I buy this car?

http://www.internetautoguide.com/ni/...nsylvania.html

I have a price range of like $4000... A little more would be OK.

Let me know what you think and if you know of any other deals in Eastern, PA (Allentown Area)
Old Mar 7, 2012 | 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

if those were stock leather seats i would say yes, buy the car - then sell me the interior
Old Mar 7, 2012 | 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

low ball him.... offer 4k out the door with tax+lic+reg .. thats what i would do
Old Mar 7, 2012 | 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

the interior appears clean, and the exterior is pretty good, except the rear bumper is sort of falling off there on the driver side, but that's probably minor, it's at the mileage where it should have already had some substantial maintenance done, and if they can't prove the maintenance was done, i would even go lower than $4k, like $3500, because it may need some work, and new brake pads won't cut it. otherwise it looks alright, be sure to have a peak at the suspension and engine bay...make sure there's no oil/fluid leaks, and check the tire wear just little things, but remember there's a lot you can't see without taking parts of the car apart right there on the lot. It's you're money, if you really want the car, buy it, but keep reliability in mind, so if it does need a bit of love, you need to be prepared. These cars are pretty easy to work on, even for a beginner, don't buy a chrysler though. Good Luck man.

i bought my 03 ES in 2008 with 50k miles, for $5k, they were asking $7,899 CAD...the US/Canadian exchange rate was different then, and our automobile market is quite different up here. But basically i got a pretty decent deal, and i've been happy with the car...I even bought another one a year later, though it was a ralliart.