Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

2012 Lancer GT modifications

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Lancer GT modifications

Hello everybody!

I just purchased a 2012 lancer gt and overall Im pretty pleased with it (still wish it was an evo) I have been looking for some upgrades too put on the car however there doesnt seem to be a whole lot. I figured most 2011 lancer parts will fit mine however I didnt really want to chance it. Im looking for a cat back exhaust preferably magnaflow or someone along those lines and a cold air intake and anything else you guys might have in mind or suggest would be good too. I found lots of exhausts and intakes online however like I said they all say for 2011 or earlier. Im completely new to all of this so sorry if these questions seem simple..any help on finding these parts that will fit my model and year would be greatly appriciated!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:39 PM

From what i've seen, our cars are pretty much the same except for the front grille and a few minor cosmetic things. I too have a 2012 GT. Might just buy an intake for a 2011 and slap it on. If it doesnt work, then oh well. As for the exahust, might as well piece your own together.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:05 PM

I would imagine anything saying it was for an 2011 or earlier you'd be pretty safe with. As for exhaust I suggest just an axle back from GReddy or Borla. The Magnaflow you have to cut pipe and voids the warranty
Old May 22, 2012, 03:57 PM

whats up guys?? I bought a 2012 Lancer GT , I just discovered the lancer series, and It is the best thing, I didnt know to much about the rally car till I went looking for a car. I just graduated from what I call the four door Honda for years...I have had my car only for about 2 months now and discovered all the cool things to do with a Mitsubishi Lancer...I did not realize that you can trick these kind of cars in different manner of ways.... After logging on I read some different posts with all kinds of good info...for sure I am looking for a good exhaust for my car without making my warranty void, and I looked at the borla system....can anybody tell me if can go past the silencers on the pipe without damaging anything? and what does a borla sound like??
Old May 24, 2012, 12:18 AM

ALSO HAVE A 2012 Lancer GT. suggestions on what exhaust to buy to make my car sound better for the lowest price? thoughts on just getting a muffler?
Old May 24, 2012, 03:37 AM

@oracksy and jayamoray...

I searched high and low and all over for an actually 2012 intake/exhaust system that would work for my GT. Unfortunatly there isn't any parts available for these two applications right now despite what some websites selling them might say ( confirmed this by talking to heads of tech department at INJEN, k an n, magnaflow. So in light of this here's what I went with after. For a intake I have a k an n typhoon SRI that on there website is under the 2009 2.0 category however fits just as well on the 2012 2.0 model. And I went with a magnaflow cat back system but this is where it got a little tangley. The pathway for the exhaust has changed for 2012 on lancers. So i had to come with a a offset/offset magnaflow muffler to match the stock one and the rest is all custom stainless steel piping and welding from a local performance shop here (worth noting we eliminated the resonator here)

Hope this helps!
Old May 28, 2012, 11:58 PM

Smile lancer Gt modification 2012

I found that for the 2012 Gt Lancer you could use a Borla system if you cat back it....the after burner is located in the center of the the pipe and you could stay behind it flange it, but you are still going to be in front of the rear axel though that the pipe is fitted diffrently than 2011....
Old May 29, 2012, 11:35 PM

Hey there Lantosff, have you yet crossed your lights to led? my gt is silver I have been adding to it to make it all blacked out. I am looking for away to black out the front grill and making that chrome strip be gone...have you found or know how to make that chrome strip go away, im trying to stay as stock as well gain the custom look with out trying or ending up looking like or being mistaken for an evo....
Old May 30, 2012, 05:14 PM

I looked up GReddy exhaust and they show an interesting axel back single pipe with a picture on a 2011 looks crazy.....how do you set up the piping pathway for exhaust? and does your Gt have 2 smog converters? spelling sucks here...lol let me know.....
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:11 PM

Air intake for Mitsubishi Lancer GT 2012

Hi Guys!

I bought a new Mitsubishi Lancer GT about 3 months ago and I am looking for a intake to put on it but so far there is nothing out yet. I heard that maybe the K&N Typhoon for the 2009 2.0L fits on my car. Is there anyone of you that tried it and is there any risks possible if I put that intake on my car?

Thanks!

Fred
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:04 AM

The 2009 k and n intake will work fine. That's what I put on my car and it works perfectly.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:53 AM

Hey I just bought a 2012 Lancer GT 2.4L. Read some posts about a few parts for the 2.0, does the size difference matter for things a coa and exhaust? Btw, parts are damn hard to find.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:58 AM

Hey everyone. I just installed an Injen SRI and it went quite well. Runs like a champ! I will probably try and find a ralliart snorkel as it should allow a little more air flow. Gotta get to 50 posts so I can look in the for sale section. I think I'm going to go with a Greddy exhaust, but I'm still doing research on that. I'd love to lower it, but I don't know how much of the warranty will be void. I'm torn between the Tein and the Eibach kits. Researching them both as well. I'm going to post up the install pics as soon as I get them into Photobucket.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:44 PM

Sooo i had just purchased a 2012 Lancer GT about 4-5 months ago and have been looking for upgrades to make to it. I have recently installed a K&N Typhoon SRI myself, it runs and sounds amazing!! Now I was looking for an exhaust, and the GReddy RS had got my attention so i did some research and the pages I looked at made it sound like it would fit, soon to find out when I got it in the mail and took it to the shop that wasn't happening. I found this page and it seems that everyone agrees its hard to find a exhaust for the 2012 model(me as well). Being that the 2012 piping goes over the axle unlike the other yrs where its underneath the axle. So if anyone knows of a company making a good exhaust for the 2012 it would be great help!!!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:52 PM

hi a have a 2012 mitsubishi lancer GT and i want some tein s tech springs. does it have the same spring model as 2011 2010? and do i need a camber kit for that?

Quick Reply: 2012 Lancer GT modifications