Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Redoing Front End

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redoing Front End

Sup everybody, recently a guy pulled out in front of me at a stop sign and I hit him messing up my front end pretty bad. But its not all bad I got a good amount of money from his insurance company to get it fixed. After I thought about it for a while I decided I could do it my self and buy parts that will look better. So thats what im going to do.

Im going to replace my headlights, hood, front bumber, and both fenders, also my A/C condenser. If you guys know anything that I may run into or think I will have trouble with let me know Please!

Also should I do a thread about my REDO. If you read this let me know. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Find a shop that will work with you. If your front end is bad it might need some work for the frame. If it was just a bent support perhaps do it yourself if you can weld but you still need to get stuff painted.
Old May 7, 2012, 05:58 PM

Yeah, I have already thought about the paint, I know someone who can do it. But I stripped it down today and the frame was bent a little so im wondering if I can just bang it out with a hammer.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:49 AM

Ya a redo thread would be cool because I'm currently redoing my whole front end. Radiator support replacement, all the way to new fenders. Maybe some pulling of the frame and new A/C condenser as well.
Already had to reseal my radiator from the pins pulling the plastic piece completely off.. But if you were successful with the fix, I'd like to see pictures or something if you have them.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by lancerslammma
Ya a redo thread would be cool because I'm currently redoing my whole front end. Radiator support replacement, all the way to new fenders. Maybe some pulling of the frame and new A/C condenser as well.
Already had to reseal my radiator from the pins pulling the plastic piece completely off.. But if you were successful with the fix, I'd like to see pictures or something if you have them.

I will do it almos done. I had to section a paice of the frame and replace radiator support and put new ac condenser in. I will post link of thresd when its done here.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:44 AM

i just did my entire front end as well, a minivan stopped short on me messing up my entire front end, once i figure out how to post pictures i will show, its not a complete DIY but it shows before and after pics...i spent around 350 on parts and the rest i did myself a shop was charging me 450 just for labor alone and i would have to purchased my own parts and another 300 for paint total it would of been about 1k for everything. so i saved around 700 that can go towards the rally red paint scheme that i want

97...hood
87...front bumper
56... each fender (x2)
37...crash beam
12...upper bumper support

radiator support wasn't messed up all that bad so didn't need radiator support, lower bumper support was bent a little so i pulled it out and with a rubber mallet straightened it out. again once i figure how to post pictures i will definitely put them up
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:17 AM

Nice, I posted a thread about mine remodel you should check it out!