Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Spectre CAI Fabrication QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spectre CAI Fabrication QUESTION

Hey, I have the Spectre cone filter in my oz. Right now it sits right near the engine. I want to move it down into the fog-light area and install a mesh screen to supply das lancer with colder air

MY QUESTION IS:
-Should I buy all the connectors, piping, etc. to physically move the cone filter into the fog light area?
- OR should I leave it where it is (near engine) and use that plastic flex pipe stuff and just put it in the cone hole and run the other end down into the fog light area... maybe throw a funnel air forcer thing in too....

Thanks!
PS. I want to finish this mod ASAPPP
Old May 12, 2012, 12:20 PM

Ok, sooo I've done some research... and have come to find that the ground is dirty.. and putting the filter that close to the dirty-ground can yield a very dirty filter...

THUS, I think I'm going to LEAVE the filter in its current location, and just stuff the flex pipe in the hole and attach a funnel air forcer thing at the other end.

Thoughts and Opinions??????
Old May 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i wash mine once a year, aem dryflow ftw.... mine's been next to my motor for 3 years now methinks and never had any issues & the front of the air filter sits on the radiator fan black box thingy ( dont know what thats call officaly).

funnel air forcer thingy??? dont know what that is lol....i can speak of aem cai as i have one but only use the short ram portion cause the atx too big to run the piping to the bumper.
with the aem cai, it runs down front by the mt trans and angles to the driver sides front bumper where the dummy grill piece is ( can be removed to allow air to pass throu ). theirs a bracket attached on the lower piping of the cai where it bolts to the car and holds it inplace right by that air inlet guard u have to remove.

im not sure but i wouldnt stuff anything into my air filter lol and let the other end just hang their
Old May 12, 2012, 02:18 PM

I attached a photo of the flex pipe, the air funnel, and a picture of the pipe stuffed in the air filter.. lol
Attached Thumbnails Spectre CAI Fabrication QUESTION-settup.png  
Old May 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you would still be sucking in air from around the filter itself fyi even tho u have that slinky attached to it
Old May 12, 2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
you would still be sucking in air from around the filter itself
yee... I think I'll move my battery to my trunk (unused subwoofer line) and throw a short ram in towards the headlight...but I really like the idea of 'driving faster' = 'more air forced into engine' with regards to the fog light approach
Old May 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you would've done more research you would've found that intakes dont give you much power with the 4g94. I think you'll get about 1hp?
Old May 13, 2012, 12:04 AM

woot. feels like lots, and sounds nasty under bridges haaa
Old May 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rofl

You're going to lose your **** when you get an exhaust tip and go under a bridge...
Old May 13, 2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
You're going to lose your **** when you get an exhaust tip and go under a bridge...
sweeeeet, that means I neeed that;; I've thought about them in the past but I was too afraid I would make it sound like a fart-box; any recommendations on quality-nonfart-box exhaust tips?