Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

body kit...or just bumpers

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012 | 08:16 PM

body kit...or just bumpers

does anyone know a good place to get diff bumpers
i love this rear bumper
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290701481687...84.m1438.l2648

but will it fit a 2002 lancer es
or will i have to modify it?
Old May 16, 2012 | 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, that's the same as the one extreme dimensions sells for $299 it's made for those years as well as later models...the only thing i don't like is because the grille is part of the hood, the "MR style" front bumper doesn't look that great on the 02-03 but sometimes it's ok to mix and match if the lines are similar enough. In my opinion the 02-03 lancers look better in evo 7 stylings because that are almost flat between the headlights, but only if it has an evo 7 style hood with no grille and the grille is part of the bumper...where as the 04-06 lancers come to a point very much like the evo 8/9 (MR included obviously) but with much uglier headlights, so they are the more appropriate match, but you could get a way with an MR rear with the diffuser and some other "non-evo-styled" front bumper and side skirts....

It should damn well fit pretty good for that price, but professional installation and paint is always recommended. Often there are small fitment issues, and DIY paint jobs are not always a good choice unless you have the right tools, facility, and skill...in my opinion, body work and rims are the most expensive and least beneficial (rims can be argued, but generally bling doesn't = go fast) modification to a car, and should be the last thing you do to a car, not the first. but to each his own.

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; May 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old May 18, 2012 | 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
yeah, that's the same as the one extreme dimensions sells for $299 it's made for those years as well as later models...the only thing i don't like is because the grille is part of the hood, the "MR style" front bumper doesn't look that great on the 02-03 but sometimes it's ok to mix and match if the lines are similar enough. In my opinion the 02-03 lancers look better in evo 7 stylings because that are almost flat between the headlights, but only if it has an evo 7 style hood with no grille and the grille is part of the bumper...where as the 04-06 lancers come to a point very much like the evo 8/9 (MR included obviously) but with much uglier headlights, so they are the more appropriate match, but you could get a way with an MR rear with the diffuser and some other "non-evo-styled" front bumper and side skirts....

It should damn well fit pretty good for that price, but professional installation and paint is always recommended. Often there are small fitment issues, and DIY paint jobs are not always a good choice unless you have the right tools, facility, and skill...in my opinion, body work and rims are the most expensive and least beneficial (rims can be argued, but generally bling doesn't = go fast) modification to a car, and should be the last thing you do to a car, not the first. but to each his own.

yea i see what you are saying ...i dont like the mr front bumper i like the ken type/k-1 type and the mr rear but idk how it would look mixed and matched.. and yea i would get it profesionally installed and painted.....if i do get these this would open up to get a front lip right?
Old May 19, 2012 | 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Don't buy that kit there is a person in the show and shine that bought it and is still fitting it but the rear wheel area doesn't match the curve of the car and looks silly.
Old May 19, 2012 | 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ryancb
Don't buy that kit there is a person in the show and shine that bought it and is still fitting it but the rear wheel area doesn't match the curve of the car and looks silly.

which one the front or back?
Old May 20, 2012 | 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by ryancb
do u have a link ?