Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012 | 07:00 PM

Suggestions

So after watching a million hours worth of turboed evo's and lancers i decided i am going to turbo my oz. it's going tp be at least a year or 2 before i get it. I am going to piece everything instead of buying a complete setup. I want to get the gauges now so i have them and also because they are some what cheap. Would it be lame to have the boost gauge now and not have it set up to anything or should i just pass on that for now. Also what other 2 gauges should i get with it? any suggestions are welcomed
Old Jun 3, 2012 | 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

search....
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 08:38 AM

Thanks......i did search that's why the title is "Suggestions" bc i know which ones i want to get just want opinions on what everyone thought
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 12:53 PM

so your asking if it would be dumb to have a boost guage with no turbo?
1st) quit caring what people think
2nd)yes, yes it is.

you will also want a wideband o2 sensor, oil pressure and oil temp sensor. actually there are quite a number of sensors/guages you should buy but I guess are worthless if you don't know what parameters they should be reading anyway...
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

What he said....there are severl turbo threads that talk about what gauges we went with and why.
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

honestly, save your money and purchase parts that will get you closer to turbo. gauges are the last thing you should worry about, because they are cheap and easy to get. Focus on the main components and decide if you want new or used parts. it would suck to have everything but the turbo and decide you don't want to finish the project. now you got to try and sell parts you don't need and you will lose your *** on them. start with a turbo, turbo manifold, downpipe
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 03:59 PM

@rpholz yeah I read the threads with everyone saying which gauges to get but it was just a bunch of people saying o get this one or this one so I figured someone would say the right thing on this thread
@02modlanceroz I have some other issues I have to deal with first before I start collecting pieces. I figured taking my time with it would be good since I can research it all because I want to do the whole install myself and I know very little about cars. I definitely am going to turbo it I can promise you that I have been looking into what I need and price wise so. I say within the next 5 months I will starting getting everything hopefully by this time next year I either start it or it's finished
Old Jun 5, 2012 | 06:25 AM

Well I would say the three I listed are the minimum.

And please don't cheap out on the guages just buy quality accurate ones.
Old Jun 5, 2012 | 09:35 AM

Something like that I wouldn't want to go real cheap on I was looking on andyautosports.com (I think that's the name). And they seemed to have some good quality ones but I probably well wait and collect all the pieces for the turbo before I get the gauges
Old Jun 6, 2012 | 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

i purchased stuff from andysautosports.com and i didn't have too many problems. just late shipping. but they do have a lot of bad reviews. at least check out the reviews before you decide to make a purchase.