Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Newbie stuff

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie stuff

I have been following evoM for a couple of years now and in 2014 I bought myself an 03 Lancer ES (First car). Now I feel like its time to upgrade and I am targeting a 2012/2013 Lancer (ofcourse). I would love to buy an Evo, but at 20 years old my insurance is going to be higher than my parents mortgage payments on the house. However, I could not think of a better place to ask some questions about Lancers than this forum. hope you guys can help me out a little.

First, this is an image of the Lancer I am most likely going to get, it is a 2012 ES/SE. Is there supposed to be a chrome outline on the bottom part of the grill there? I have been google image searching for days but can't seem to come to a definite conclusion about whether or not the 2012 SE's in Canada came with the bottom chrome. Clearly the Chrome Mitsubishi emblem was removed but that isn't really a problem to me. I just want someone to please confirm whether or not the car originally came with the chrome grille outline, because if it did I am going to ask the dealer about where it went.

If it did, and my dealer doesn't have it, can anyone please tell me where I could possibly get one? I would preferably like to get just that piece because everything is in fine condition. Thank you all in advance

Oh and I still have my 03 ES. Should I part it out or sell it as is? It has 223k on it.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie stuff-d5bbc02c-4e9f-4310-8078-b431158b4c08.jpg