Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Fix Cruise Control On RRM Bored TB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOW TO: Fix Cruise Control On RRM Bored TB

Here's a video of how to fix your cruise after you've installed the RRM bored out throttle body.
Fix works great.
Drove over 1,500 miles using the cruise, no problems at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdFzu...el_video_title
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant even get my cruise to work,weird thing is on the vaccume pump on passenger fender it has a line ran to the intake manifold and the vaccume line on the fuel pressure regulator,that i thought was supposed to be hooked to the intake,is plugged off,,,,any ideas?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

i dont even have that vaccume piece that u put on at the end of the video,,,,,im confussed on this issue lol
Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

The small black vacuum pump on the passenger inside fender should have a wire harness powering it, a small elbow hose about 1" long connecting one part of the pump to the other and a small hose going back to the intake manifold.
This hose does not connect to the intake however, it connects to a metal line and goes over the intake manifold and then goes back to a rubber hose and connects to the cruise control piece on top of throttle body that is pictured in my video.

So in short; The small black vacuum pump on fender of passenger side only goes to the cruise control "dome" on top of TB, no where else.

I would hook all this up as I've said (once you get you new TB lil' jeff) and see if it works.
If it doesn't then it maybe that it was disconnected because the pump went bad.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

the guy that had this car was an idiot,i came to the conclusion that,after just replacing the motor a couple weeks ago myself,that he had replaced the motor before and used a motor that wasnt set up for cruise and just started blocking off vacuum lines. im finding all his mistakes and fixing em. thanks
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Not bad. I did somthing similar a few years ago. I just made a small bracket that held the lower portion of the cruise linkage to the throttle shaft. Good write up.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

im tryin to find a way to fab mine up. my tb wasnt set up for cruise but the car was...go figure and the wrecking yards wont part out anything on the tb. all i need is the little bracket that catches the cruise lever!!!!!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil' jeff
im tryin to find a way to fab mine up. my tb wasnt set up for cruise but the car was...go figure and the wrecking yards wont part out anything on the tb. all i need is the little bracket that catches the cruise lever!!!!!
Yeah I thought about fabbing something but in the end decided to go this route as you need a oblong hole instead of a round hole and I needed to also add the extra length.
Are you sure your's is long enough?

If so you could try a small L bracket or something like that.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

it looks like the threaded rod that the lever is on is longer but right now i just need to make it work,i just bought the vacuum part on the throttle body but now im tryin to get it to work.