Questions? about installation accesories

Hi there all;
this is the deal I got the following parts
Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT head unit
PIONEER GM-7300M mono amp
PIONEER GM-6300M 4 channel amp
pioneer speakers and sub

The questions
1- Where can I find the adapter for the radio (the one to power the unit not the one for the stock amp because stock amp is gonna be replaced)
2- I will need three sets of RCA pair cables . What length should be appropriate for it.
3- As far as grounding , what should I do to avoid the noise when the car accelerates.
4- Should I use dynomat in the front doors and the trunk
5- Should I rewire the speakers completely from the new amp or should I use the stock amp plug to jump them from there...
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty dissapointed ... 12 views and no response ....?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

1 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...QQcmdZViewItem
2- Not sure? I have a wagon!
3 - Good practice would say that all grounds meet at a common point. Just be sure to get a SOLID ground, and use the thickest gauge you can. Be practical though.
4 - I would love to quiet my ride down. I heard roofing felt is almost the same stuff. It is heavy and will add weight. Search on the forums for Dynamat. There is much information.
5 - You could rewire, and many audiophiles will tell you to run monster cable. I personally don't "hear" a difference between wire gauges, especially in the confines of my vehicle w/road noise, etc. I've never had top-end equipment either. The wire coming out of the harness on #1 above is small. Very small.

I'm not sure if I help you or not, but it's something to think about.

Last edited by drewbad; Jun 11, 2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

1 - Any local stereo shop (Circuit City, Best Buy, even Walmart)
2 - At least 12 feet. Go for 16-20 and you'll have enough extra that it won't matter.
3 - Make sure you scrape off any paint or residue from wherre you will ground your wires. Also, you can avoid a lot of noise by routing your RCA's on a different side of the car from your power/ground wires.
4 - It always helps.
5 - Unless you are running a a lot of power to each speaker or are competeing in SQ championships, don't waste your time. You and 99% of the people who ride in your car will never know the difference.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Al right guys , the shopping will begin tomorrow and I will post dsome pics as always
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migueralliart
Hi there all;
this is the deal I got the following parts
Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT head unit
PIONEER GM-7300M mono amp
PIONEER GM-6300M 4 channel amp
pioneer speakers and sub

The questions
1- Where can I find the adapter for the radio (the one to power the unit not the one for the stock amp because stock amp is gonna be replaced)

circuit city, best buy, maybe even walmart. crutchfield.com if you want to buy online.

2- I will need three sets of RCA pair cables . What length should be appropriate for it.

go with the shortest distance possible, run them AWAY from any other wires, spend as much money as possible on these cables. from the HU to the trunk should take less than 8' each. trust me on this one, these cables are without a doubt the most important part of a good sound setup. you can have 8 million dollar speakers and walmart cables and my schnit will sound much better.

3- As far as grounding , what should I do to avoid the noise when the car accelerates.

ground all of your sound system to the same point, and don't share a ground with any other vehicle component. clean all paint from the mating surface and use high quality connectors at this point, if not everywhere.

4- Should I use dynomat in the front doors and the trunk

the car is pretty solid as it is, this adds LOTS of weight, as you will see when you buy even a little bit. If you aren't worried, yes do the trunk. interior, maybe, but mainly for road noise not rattling.

5- Should I rewire the speakers completely from the new amp or should I use the stock amp plug to jump them from there...

you CAN do it this way, but you will get better sound if you run your own dedicated wires. run these with your RCA cable, not power wire or any other wire.
Most of your noise comes from improper ground, and then wires being run with other wires. all wires emit energy fields of various types, and you want to avoid this if at all possible. the longer your wires the more the signal will degrade on it's way too, keep that in mind when you are figuring out your wire paths.

good luck man, I would have responded sooner but I don't go to the bottom two sub forums very often.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

for a reference my setup is:

sony 200x2ch@4ohms sub amp, under drivers seat, 8 gauge power wire from junction block under console. 8 gauge ground wire from junction block under console. used my own wiring to go to trunk with 1 10" Blaupunkt and 1 12" Blaupunkt sub.

jvc 60x4ch@4ohms highs amp, under passenger seat, 8 gauge power wire from junction block under console, 8 gauge ground wire from junction block under console. spliced into factory wiring from under drivers seat for factory speakers.

clarion MP3 HU in dash, clarion 7 band graphic EQ in glove box, ipod in console. spliced into wires for HU, including ground and used the same wires for the EQ. walmart wires going from HU to EQ, high quality (25$ each) wires going from EQ to Amps (EQ does all processing, although I would like to upgrade ALL wiring so I don't lose any quality at all.) cheap wire on the I-pod, but it's cool because I rarely use my HU anymore so I guess it sounds good enough

I have never had complaints, aside from "turn it down please" and EVERYONE who has spent money on their system is envious of mine(cost me less than 800 for everything)