Notices

Tweeter install??

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tweeter install??

Ive recently installed a set of pioneer component speakers, and I have yet to install the tweeters. If anyone has seen the factory tweeters located behind the a-pillars, the bracket or holddown is not really reusable. I cant seem to find a sutibale location for them, without looking too intrusive, or without hacking up something to custom fit them. Has anyone some pics or tips for install on some tweeters?? I'd appretiate any help..
Old May 11, 2009, 10:15 PM

I mounted the tweets in the stock location behind the a-pillars. I removed the stock tweeter bracket and used the same screw hole to mount the tweeter. My tweets came with a mounting cup. I just drilled a hole in the mounting cup and screwed into the hole that was used for the stock tweeter bracket. The tweets snaped right into the cup. The pillar panel went back on just fine.

It was tough getting the tweeter bracket screw in and out. I used a small right angel phillips driver.

I just took a look at the stock tweeter bracket and it looks like it would be tough to use with an aftermaket tweeter unless it fits in the black housing. Good luck man.
Old May 12, 2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by D1no
I mounted the tweets in the stock location behind the a-pillars. I removed the stock tweeter bracket and used the same screw hole to mount the tweeter. My tweets came with a mounting cup. I just drilled a hole in the mounting cup and screwed into the hole that was used for the stock tweeter bracket. The tweets snaped right into the cup. The pillar panel went back on just fine.

It was tough getting the tweeter bracket screw in and out. I used a small right angel phillips driver.

I just took a look at the stock tweeter bracket and it looks like it would be tough to use with an aftermaket tweeter unless it fits in the black housing. Good luck man.
You're awesome. I actually did not think of that. Using that same hole and screw is brilliant. That keeps me from hacking up the a-pillars, or door panels for a custom spot! The only thing that will be getting "hacked" is the 'lil cup.. Thank you very much! I'll start on it asap.