Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.
View Poll Results: Which piece would you like out next?
Long dash piece that goes all the way across
68.42%
Door panel pieces (handle, door lock surround)
31.58%
Air vents on top of the dash
10.53%
ash tray (might not be good if you actually use it)
7.89%
big piece that surrounds shifter (if it even comes off)
36.84%
gauge surround (the piece that has the rubber hanging from it)
26.32%
something else
15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Fiber Interior Pieces

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hardcoretuner
screw that, i can make myself a 25$ piece that replaces the stock armerst! honestly cf isn't that hard! search ask.com for any info on it and you will find a wholesale vendor!! SCREW these companies that keep trying to make money off cf! hell i will if you let me, i will make cf armrest covers for 25 bucks!! lol you people are stupid, just invest the same amount of money it would cost to buy a hood and you willl learn really quick that it takes no skill to make a cr hood, fender, etc as long as you have a mold!!! DIY work!! and if you don't want to let me do it i will be happy to make some money off your lazieness!!! i bet i could make a strut bar, lower tie bar, etc... hell USCOMPOSITS is my vendor!! IF YOUR STILL TOO LAZY TO MAKE IT YOURSELF E-MAIL ME AT hardcoretuner@comcast.net AND I WILL MAKE IT!! DIY AND YOU SAVE SOME CASH!! PLUS YOU CAN USE PAPER MACHE AND MAKE THE COOLEST HOOD YOU CAN THINK OF FOR A LOT CHEAPER THAN YOU CAN BUY IT!!!

TALK IS CHEAP! Make something then yap if not it's all just words!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

screw that, i can make myself a 25$ piece that replaces the stock armerst! honestly cf isn't that hard! search ask.com for any info on it and you will find a wholesale vendor!! SCREW these companies that keep trying to make money off cf! hell i will if you let me, i will make cf armrest covers for 25 bucks!! lol you people are stupid, just invest the same amount of money it would cost to buy a hood and you willl learn really quick that it takes no skill to make a cr hood, fender, etc as long as you have a mold!!! DIY work!! and if you don't want to let me do it i will be happy to make some money off your lazieness!!! i bet i could make a strut bar, lower tie bar, etc... hell USCOMPOSITS is my vendor!! IF YOUR STILL TOO LAZY TO MAKE IT YOURSELF E-MAIL ME AT hardcoretuner@comcast.net AND I WILL MAKE IT!! DIY AND YOU SAVE SOME CASH!! PLUS YOU CAN USE PAPER MACHE AND MAKE THE COOLEST HOOD YOU CAN THINK OF FOR A LOT CHEAPER THAN YOU CAN BUY IT!!!
paper mache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Sleek _ how is my lip coming ????
Old Oct 20, 2004, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

BADEVO i pmed you.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

i will take some pic of **** for ya. talk is cheap ha in the end i don't give a **** what some dumb *** i don't even know thinks. i am dropping this, clearly people are too ignorant to understand i was simply encouraging others to buy some cf and try it themselves. i am sry but some of you think you know what your talking about with "vacuum equipment" that just makes me laugh.

Last edited by hardcoretuner; Oct 20, 2004 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

i will take some pic of **** for ya. talk is cheap ha in the end i don't give a **** what some dumb *** i don't even know thinks. i am dropping this, clearly people are too ignorant to understand i was simply encouraging others to buy some cf and try it themselves. i am sry but some of you think you know what your talking about with "vacuum equipment" that just makes me laugh.

Your a joke!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

okay so bgi companies that work with carbon fiber use a machine called an autoclave that keeps the weave pattern on the product straight. if you dont want to believe that, fine, but its true. i own a business that deals with making products for cars out of fiberglass, and i still encourage people to try things themselves. i, however, am not going to sit here and tell someone to do something that i know is near impossible to accomplish without the proper equipment. that is one reason that i dont work with carbon fiber when i build the products that i build. but still i would love to see some pics of work that you have done.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:11 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

wow what the hells going on lol.........

well keep us posted on CP. i'd like to know what pieces are going to be available. its always good to have more options.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

hey hardcore, are you gonna make my pieces or what? im willing to pay dammit.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Oookk.. hehe, well I'll keep you updated, looks like the long dash piece will be made next, after the radio surround.

Sorry we have to do one piece at a time, I just don't want my whole dash and interior in pieces and look like crap, so I am letting them use one piece at a time.

Hardecore, I'm not trying to argue about anything. I'm not doubting you can make carbon fiber pieces. But I just didn't like how you came in encouraging people to make the pieces themselves. I need to have lots of people interested in buying these pieces to have them keep making them and I want them to be available to people. I know it won't turn many away to make their own pieces, but I am trying to do business for Cerious Performance and it seems like you just try and help me do the opposite.

A lot of carbon fiber is expensive because of the machines they use to make them, and to make them at large quantities to mass produce. They need the money to keep up maintenance and replace the machines if they ever break. If they ever break, they are out of luck. Cerious Performance, and many other companies make more carbon fiber stuff for other cars than just Lancers and other stuff besides little interior pieces. The total process is what makes the expense. Yes the materials are cheap. I know as a fact that Cerious Performance will try and give the best price they can on anything they sell, including carbon fiber. They are selling their carbon fiber grills the same price other companies are selling their fiberglass ones. So don't worry to much about people getting ripped off, Cerious will give you what you pay for.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

can they make the hvac w/o the radio hole cut so we can put gauges in instead of the radio?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm.. not sure. Damn I just sent them an e-mail to, haha. I could have including that. I will ask them on that too. I will let you know, might be easy enough, if they have the mold to just make it and sell it to you for the same price. Not sure if they will have to make a whole new mold.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

so they are full replacement?
Old Oct 22, 2004, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

^crap man, YES
Old Oct 22, 2004, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Are the pieces gonna be sold seperate or all together?Or can you buy them seperate if it's gonna be all together?

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Interior Pieces