Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Color Scheme question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color Scheme question

Hello all... I have a White '02 Lancer OZ that I recently paid off and so now I am finaly modding it. The color scheme I am going for is White, Red, Black, and Aluminum. The car is going to remain white, I plan on using the stock color as my base coat and Repainting the car with a pearl whiite with med silver flake and a silver pearl after I get a body kit and a scoop on the hood. My main question is... I am painting the valve cover soon and I was thinking of going with a low-gloss black and detailing the raised letters on the cover. The "Mitsubishi 16 Valve" will be a brushed aluminum and the Mitsu diamonds will, of course, be red and it will have red pinstrip around the top edge. At the same time I will paint the intake red and clean up the stock wiring some. What do you guys think of this idea? I hope to do this sometime over the weekend. Thanks in advance for the ideas! (If anyone can help with a photochop on my valve cover pic, feel free)
Attached Thumbnails Color Scheme question-ral1.jpg   Color Scheme question-ral2.jpg   Color Scheme question-ral3.jpg   Color Scheme question-ral4.jpg   Color Scheme question-ral5.jpg  

Old Dec 8, 2004, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

i do think maybe u are working with too many colors... White, Red, Black, and Aluminum. that just seems like a tad much... my scheme is silver lancer with black skirts and lights and ect. then i have some blue under the hood with blue and silver interior... three colors seems like a tad mutch...even to me,... but four... yikes.. be carfullnot to ruin your nice clean car.. it looks tastefull now, dont ruin that by ricing the **** out of it. however on ur idea of the valve cover, i would not go with black as your main color because it may siply blend in to much, if u are dead set on black i would go with a high gloss black as to make it stand out... black with alluminum letters... u might as well just put some tape over it and leave the letters stock colored.. one more thing.. red pinstripe... what in gods green earth.. i dont kno why you would paint it with a pin stripe.. im not bashing just perplexed and giving my honest opinion to you.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Put some Rota slipstreams (16" of course) in black, then do a red carpet and red bride racing seats. A carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk (no wing), RMR Lip type 2, and the Evo VII style tails and you will have one of the nicest lancers on the forums
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Let me further explain the color scheme.... The Paint on the body will be white. The Motor will have red, aluminum/silver(whatever you want to call it), and some black. The interior will be black with aluminum trim and maybe some small red or white inserts for the seats and steering wheel. I take even the metion of "ricing out" my car as an insult. I know what rice is and that is not anywhere near the concept I have for my car. And for the pin stripe on the valve cover... I think it is a classy look and I have seen it on bigblocks in the past. I am not sure how it would look... that's why I am asking.

vv This is my best look so far vv
Attached Thumbnails Color Scheme question-vc.jpg  
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

then its turbo time!!!
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

if you call my idea rice, then you seriously gotta think about if you know what ur talking about. If not then go for it!
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot
then its turbo time!!!
That's my first big thing I am going to do... I am just doing the little stuff right now while I am saving up for RRM Stage 2.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Your idea is cool Sir Lancelot but I am not too keen on carbonfiber pieces.

Last edited by acs_guitars; Dec 8, 2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:29 PM
Account Disabled

dam weight reduction sux

personally i love the way cf looks.

red carpet would rock
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Just so you know where I am going with the overall concept for my car.

Here is what I plan on getting:

RRM Stage 2 Turbo
RRM Header
Test Pipe
Mangaflow or Greedy Cat-Back
Silver ENKEI RSF2 17's
GT-3 Body Kit
Low-Pro hood scoop
EVO VII Tails
Bigger Brakes
Front & Rear Rally-Spec Strut Braces
Bride or Sparco Racing Seats
RalliArt seatbelts
MOMO Steering wheel
Aluminum Interior Trim pieces

I will also be working over the Stereo System with a cleaner install and component tweeters... I have already: a High-end Alpine Deck, Kicker 6.5 on all corners and 2 Kicker COmp VR 10's on a 400 watt KIcker amp. -- -- I like Kicker, can you tell? My car is still show-room clean and I keep it that way so the interior is still in perfect shape.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:38 PM
Account Disabled

im happy for u.. good luck. red carpet would be hooott
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

So if not black, what color should the valve cover be.... I don't want too much red is the problem.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled

ok

lets see... um what i said a shiney black. a glossy one/// or i would say... maybe a chromey looks to match ur headers.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

heres my cover about half way down.....https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...7&page=2&pp=15
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Nice.... Like you said you need to color match some stuff though..... Any one else got any ideas or suggestions?

Quick Reply: Color Scheme question