Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

For those with TENZO seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with TENZO seats

I normally dont post in the US Lancer section but hopefully somebody will have more info for me than in the ralliart section. I bought some tenzo rally seats off ebay. I got them WITH the sliders. I bought the brackets from some guy claiming that his brackets would fit the tenzos. They werent even close, its like they were werent even made for the car thats how bad they were. I was told by the guy at tenzo to go to mmrusa.com and use their brackets. But not only are they 120 a piece the guy told me i would have to drill a hole to make it fit, (screw that, im not paying that kinda money for something that isnt even custom made for me). Another guy told me www.abtivan.com has brackets, but im not sure they will fit the tenzo sliders. (I REALLY dont wanna have to use somebody elses brackets when im not even sure they will work on my car) I need somebody who has put TENZOS in their car, not recaros, not brides, not ebay knock offs, TENZOS. Because YES they do have different holes in the bottoms of the seats. I just want something that will WORK. Can somebody PLEASE help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

www.rmrproducts.com also makes seat stuff to make it fit right
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:36 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

i had tenzo r's in my lancer (RIP). whatever you do... DO NOT order from abtivan concepts. i learned the hard way. obviously they charge you right away (since they are making custom brackets). they made me wait about 5 weeks. when they came in, i tried to install them and then i noticed that they were completley off. not to mention they forgot to weld the part where the slider connects to the bracket! i mean seriously how dumb can you be? after fighting with the manger for about 2 days (didnt believe me that the brackets were made wrong) he finally took them back and gave me a refund. but he did charge me a 30% restocking fee. the only things i can suggest are.
1. "try" ordering from mmrusa
2. order the tenzo r seat brackets for a honda civic, cut off the legs where they actually bolt onto the car, weld your own to the layout of the ralliart. (this is what i had to do for my lancer oz)
3. if you want you can try to order different sliders with brackets and try to line them up with the tenzo holes.

p.s. rmr brackets are for "sparco" style seats. so if you want you can order sparco sliders and see if they line up with the tenzo holes. maybe you can make it work. like #3.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

theres a DIY in the how to section, to convert your stock brakets for aftermarket seats... ill see if i can find the thread for you

edit: here you go https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67427
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If your not comfortable fabricating up the brackets yourself most machine shops could have yours adjusted to work.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, but has anybody bought brackets for their tenzos that just FIT no having to cut/drill/fabricate etc to make them fit? Tia
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

I would buy a pair of nice quality rails and brackets then just fabricate some adapters. Many people I know do this to get the fitment they want even with high end seats. RMR makes a great bracket for the Evo that sits lower than stock, then using a set of sparco or bride rails you can finish it off. The sparco rails are decent and cheaper than the brides which are really high quality rails. Adapters are easy to make for both of these.

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
I normally dont post in the US Lancer section but hopefully somebody will have more info for me than in the ralliart section. I bought some tenzo rally seats off ebay. I got them WITH the sliders. I bought the brackets from some guy claiming that his brackets would fit the tenzos. They werent even close, its like they were werent even made for the car thats how bad they were. I was told by the guy at tenzo to go to mmrusa.com and use their brackets. But not only are they 120 a piece the guy told me i would have to drill a hole to make it fit, (screw that, im not paying that kinda money for something that isnt even custom made for me). Another guy told me www.abtivan.com has brackets, but im not sure they will fit the tenzo sliders. (I REALLY dont wanna have to use somebody elses brackets when im not even sure they will work on my car) I need somebody who has put TENZOS in their car, not recaros, not brides, not ebay knock offs, TENZOS. Because YES they do have different holes in the bottoms of the seats. I just want something that will WORK. Can somebody PLEASE help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

just curious...do we gotta buy aftermarket sliders too, to make these seats fit? My buddy got a pair of seats ONLY for his 04 Lancer ES. I know he needs a bracket, but the stock slider won't work?