Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Check out my new HID's!!! *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005 | 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

those are 6000k hids....look more like the 8000k's
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

HID's look nice! Great job on the mod. I have one question though. Is there a company that makes a Projection Beam Headlight conversion for our Lancers yet?
Thanks, Jay
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

HID's are bad a$$'s ... but idk i kinda hate them dont get me wrong its a nice mod i wouldnt mind getting a pair.. you pple with HID"S do u guys knoe that you guys are blinding pple... i knoe i got blind when a civic had HID"S on my *** and blinded.. thats why i hate them.. i might join u guys and have the blinding pple lol
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenPsycho

i say your next mod should be a digital camera.

Im going to have to agree with you there, seems that they are awfully blurry through that camera. usually HID's have a more apparent definition in the center where its the hottest. My friend has Nokya purple bulbs and they look JUST like those all blurry.

I thought i read somewhere he got a digicam for christmas or something.....

Id really like to see the other "work" gone into this car. Soon as my air ride and system are finished being installed(90% complete) im gonna drive the hour out and see this "carbon fiber beast"
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

another noteworthy thing, i dont see his body kit anymore....the ken style front.
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Nice! But yeah take better pics somehow, lol. Take a pic when you first turn them on to see how they look while heating up. Then take another pic while they've been on for a lil bit. I'd like to see how diff. the color is.

I'm actually getting some HIDs soon too. I've been doing some research about them, and I might be getting 5300K.

Last edited by Pick_a_Fro; Jan 14, 2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

nice lights man ... car looks good
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

My HID kit is one of my most favorite upgrades. It's definitely in the top 4 things I say I have done. I dont like the purple tinted ones, I got the highest blue you can get before purple, believe I got the 9000k, a slight purple at certain angles, thats it, not the pure purple, either way, looks good.
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pick_a_Fro
Nice! But yeah take better pics somehow, lol. Take a pic when you first turn them on to see how they look while heating up. Then take another pic while they've been on for a lil bit. I'd like to see how diff. the color is.

I'm actually getting some HIDs soon too. I've been doing some research about them, and I might be getting 5300K.
the color shift "heat up" stage shouldnt take more than a minute...so i dont think it really matters...does it?...joe's 4800k kit is pure white for the first minute...then drops to 48kk after that...mine runs a deep purple at first then drop in temp
after like 15 seconds...

03lancerES:...HID's are pretty bright...and there are idiot out there that pi have mne point them up...i try to mahve mines pointed down to the most part...but its no different than a lifted truck behind you...so....you live with it...i guess...play the same game everyone else is playing...
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZapcoLancer
My HID kit is one of my most favorite upgrades. It's definitely in the top 4 things I say I have done. I dont like the purple tinted ones, I got the highest blue you can get before purple, believe I got the 9000k, a slight purple at certain angles, thats it, not the pure purple, either way, looks good.
well...not all companies measure them the same way 9000k with one company can e the same as 8000k or even 7500k with another company...
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
well...not all companies measure them the same way 9000k with one company can e the same as 8000k or even 7500k with another company...

.... ok? I didnt say not all companies measured them the same way, just saying my kit is 9000k... ?
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

^ oh ya i didnt mean anything my it...just stating it....cus some companies 9000k are pruple
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Actually those were taken with a brand new canon digicam at my firends house last night. The blurryness would be caused by the thick fog we had. I do have a digicam that I got for xmas, but I was over my boys and he was playin with his new toy.....so i took advantage of the situation. lol

Lunatic: in regards to no seeing my kit or anything else on the car....well its taken apart for winter. EVERYTHING on the outside is off until mid-march. It took my like 8 hrs to remove everything, but its gonna be so much fun putting it all back together!

As Always,
~ nick ~
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

....I'll try and type a few sentences here in complete english....nick...how difficult was the installation, if you don't mind? Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2005 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Wasnt to bad once I read the instructions over a few times, but then again im pretty good with car wiring and things like that....

Quick Reply: Check out my new HID's!!! *Pics*