Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My Car Is Finally Done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She better be quick if ur gonna wear an EVO 7 badge... but anyway... I'm moving along...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On second thought i wasn't gonna say anything bad but i hadn't noticed the evo 7 and ralliart badges. not cool man
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

And people here **** on honda's...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

looking good... you got the kit from accolade right?... when did you put the wheels on?... didnt think you had em on when I stopped by... anyways very nice progress... once I clean my car Ill send you some pics...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

eh...ditch the emblems (evo 7)...ralliart is somewhat ok since they ARE our racing company...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

^^ yep It would look cleaner too.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

eh...ditch the emblems (evo 7)...ralliart is somewhat ok since they ARE our racing company...
It wouldn't be a big deal except

A. It's not an Evo 7
B. It's not a ralliart edition anything.

Just get a giant graphic on the side of your car of a kid pissing on a mitsubishi symbol. now that would be really original. and confuse the crap out of people.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaput16
It wouldn't be a big deal except

A. It's not an Evo 7
B. It's not a ralliart edition anything.

Just get a giant graphic on the side of your car of a kid pissing on a mitsubishi symbol. now that would be really original. and confuse the crap out of people.
Ralliart isn't just an edition of the car. Ralliart is a company that makes parts for Mitsubishi. I have a Ralliart Grill, should I take off the badge on that?

Fox
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

I wont say anything negative because personally i always like to see a new idea on our cars. its not something I would do but i dont mind other people doing it to theirs. But seriously you cant expect no one to comment badly. thats what this site is for. car help and oppinions. so dont sweat it if someone doesn't love it. at least ur car isn't the same as everyone else's. and as long as you like it then you shouldn't give a ***** what everyone else says. GOOD WORK THOUGH.
+1

And I wasn't saying anything about the two-tone... I was just wondering if you were going to keep it that way. Not my style but it's not about me.

Fox
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

i give two thumbs up when painted
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my opinions typed out, but hey...do what you want. wow **shakes head**

Last edited by tke_413; Mar 3, 2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Ralliart isn't just an edition of the car. Ralliart is a company that makes parts for Mitsubishi. I have a Ralliart Grill, should I take off the badge on that?
As a matter of fact you should. "Phuckin Poser's"

But as far as i can tell he doesnt own any piece of ralliart equipment. and the whole thing with the ralliart grill is that it is only on the grill which is in fact ralliart parts. its not like you got urself a ralliart badge on the back or a sticker saying powered by ralliart. Its basically like a toyota corolla puttin a bunch of TRD stickers on his car.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:49 PM
Account Disabled

i give two thumbs up when painted
The only problem is he doesnt plan on painting it.

Your *&@%ing me right? Wow, you might as well put a GTR emblem on that thing. Two-toned with an Evo VII body kit on a lancer es (or whatever it is) with Evolution VII badging, Ralliart badging and a tip....wow that's amazing. Sorry man, looks like you dropped a good amount of money...but that's just bad. IMO, and it probably doesn't mean much, paint the kit the same color as the rest of the car and take the Evolution and Ralliart badges off...your not even close to either one of them. Again, this is just me stating my opinion of it and I'm not just trying to flame on your car.
seriously man.......... at first i was cool with it but now that i think about it i aint really feelin the way you riced out the lancer. your gonna give us a bad name. next thing ya know someones gonna come up to me saying, "hey man, those cars suck. i saw this one yellow one with like a blue painted body kit. and then it had all these evo stickers and **** on it but it wasnt even a real evo. I raced him in my dodge caravan and i wasted his ***. I wonder if he even knew what an evo was. lol." Then i get the unhappy task of trying to defend you when deep down i know he's right. now if you were to get the rest of your car painted that color then that would be a diferent story. that would probably look really good.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

As a matter of fact you should. "Phuckin Poser's"

But as far as i can tell he doesnt own any piece of ralliart equipment. and the whole thing with the ralliart grill is that it is only on the grill which is in fact ralliart parts. its not like you got urself a ralliart badge on the back or a sticker saying powered by ralliart. Its basically like a toyota corolla puttin a bunch of TRD stickers on his car.
I got some knock off ralliart mudflaps for like 15 bucks on ebay. The alternative was spending something like 300 bucks on the real deal and they don't even look all that great.

I put them on to help me out during the winter... I was afraid of salt and grime getting on the car. They work great but are comming off as soon as the weather turns better but they are going back on once next winter comes.

As for the whole putting stickers on your car that don't apply... I totally agree 110%. I can't stand seeing a Civic with huge Vtec stickers on it... or worse yet a Lancer with a Vtec sticker, which I was actually whitness to.

Fox
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'll give you points for originality, if this is a show car, its a great start. With that said however, I agree that the two tone paint job is a little much and is not really fitting of a lancer, maybe an old school shelby or impala, but not an import. Its nice to hear your getting a magnaflow system, as that tip is way to big, looks like your over compensating, at least thats what I would say if I saw that in a parking lot. Take off the badges, if you don't have an evo, don't wear the badges, it'd be like getting a fake superbowl ring, or walking around town wearing a fake police uniform. The rims are really nice, nice choice for the car.

Quick Reply: My Car Is Finally Done!!!!