Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Car Show Tips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, I'm considering entering a show, but I am not sure if i have enough mods, i mean imo, i have a pretty good interior, a good audio setup, but my exterior i'm not so sure. I still have the stock oz lip kit and it's not lowered. I have rims, grill, exhaust and vinyl graphics. Is this enough??
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

When I went to IREV(not with my lancer,silvia) they had specific requirments you had to meet modification wise. There was 3 you had to meet, suspension, wheels, and body modifications. Make sure you are near your car when the judge comes by so you can answer any questions he/she may have. Its too early but I will think of some more when I wake up more, lol.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozmaster
Now, I'm considering entering a show, but I am not sure if i have enough mods, i mean imo, i have a pretty good interior, a good audio setup, but my exterior i'm not so sure. I still have the stock oz lip kit and it's not lowered. I have rims, grill, exhaust and vinyl graphics. Is this enough??
Some shows have requirements for certain classes, but you should be able to enter most of them. A lot of shows even have classes for stock vehicles! They try to open it up to as many people as they can (you know they gotta make as much $$ as they can!) which is cool. I've seen plenty of cars at shows that if it were my car, there's no way I would show it. I think some people have permanent beer goggles on and think their car looks sweet with 2 or 3 corny, played-out mods. But at the same time, it's their choice to show, and most shows offer an opportunity to almost any kind of car, stock to crazy. Even if you don't win anything, its still fun as hell to just hang out, check out all the other cars, and have people drool over yours!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

To back up what OZLANCER1 said, most of the bigger shows like IREV and HIN will have certain requirments that you must meet in order to compete, but your local smaller shows 99% of the time are just come and show your car. I remember going to one right after 9/11 and it was local, and I got 2nd behind a bone stock 2000 Corvette that was BONE STOCK....BUT...he had a bunch of red, white, and blue all around his car and displayed it well enought that they voted him first, but I didn't ***** because I got second, just showed me that props do help a lot.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

any1 know any good sites that have a listing of local and major car shows in tha chicago area? i already know of hot import night, import rev. battle of tha imports, and a few others
Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by army685
any1 know any good sites that have a listing of local and major car shows in tha chicago area? i already know of hot import night, import rev. battle of tha imports, and a few others
Depends what type of shows you're looking for. If you're looking for larger shows, you can find them by searching on google or yahoo or somthing like that. Smaller shows are harder to find and you can usually find out about those by asking around locally, or checking out your local tuner shops.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:59 PM

Just like to say it's a lot of work just to get ready for a show.

I've got mods in and out of my car so far I've went to two shows and won 1st in both times.

Going to a show this sunday and than to one at the end of the mounth.

Had photos taken by www.dropjawmag.com I'll be going to differnt shows all over the state.

Hope you all have a great time at the shows and win one for the Lancers
Old May 2, 2005, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

hey dragon lancer post some pics of your ride.....actually any of you guys that compete post one or two of your best pics just to maybe give the rest of us an idea of what we should either be striving for or at least what we're up against.

I've seen a couple of you guys mention that you've taken first places, thats awsome. I'd love to see what a first place lancer looks like (i know it largely depends on the competition who wins.)
Old May 2, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 2, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

o damn, thats hot.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

It's not much compared to OzLancerLunatic but it's mine and it's nice...to me anyways