Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Gauge light question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge light question

Just have a question for you guys, about 2 years ago my car was broken in to and all they stole was my gauges (I know thats very strange). Anyways about a month ago I had a lights go out behind the gauges, I changed it and that night another one went out. It was on for awhile then cut out. I havent touched that light yet, but last night the whole right side of the gauges went out, I cant see the right half of the speedometer, no engine temp, no gas gauge, no cel or lancer light. And the left half of the tach is out from the one awhile ago blowing. Does this sound like a wiring problem ( I havent touched the wiring) or am I just unlucky?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Ok lemme try to understand your situation here..
- Your gauges were stolen.
- You have new gauges now.
- A month ago one of the light bulbs of your new gauges ran out of life.
- You changed that one light bulb
- Same night you changed that one light bulb, a different one dies
- At this point, I have never been so confused in my whole life :

Originally Posted by brentg07
It was on for awhile then cut out. I havent touched that light yet, but last night the whole right side of the gauges went out
^ It would help if you specify which bulbs went out and which you replaced/didnt replace.

Originally Posted by brentg07
I cant see the right half of the speedometer, no engine temp, no gas gauge, no cel or lancer light. And the left half of the tach is out from the one awhile ago blowing. Does this sound like a wiring problem ( I havent touched the wiring) or am I just unlucky?
Looks like just one of the two bulbs of your gauge went out. In this case, the right side. Just replace that bulb and try it.

I think you, sir, are just unlucky (and confusing, too).
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg.. off topic but, twentyone.. where did you get those gauges!! I want the km/h gauges so bad!! lol.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Thats not how I changed the other bulb though, I have a bunch of tiny bulbs that unscrew from the back of the gauges. Ill try to make this a little easier to understand.
-A month ago I replaced one bulb
-That night another bulb went out (I know it was on after I replaced the one)
-I never got around to replacing the second one that went out
-Last night, the whole right side of the the gauges went out.
So hopefully this is easier to read, but my bulbs dont seem to be in the same place as the pic above. They are behind the actual gauge panels. I was hoping that I am just unlucky and they didn't do something wrong when they put replacement gauges in.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
omg.. off topic but, twentyone.. where did you get those gauges!! I want the km/h gauges so bad!! lol.
Off any Canadian Lancer.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 03:25 AM
Evolving Member

so this morning I get in my car, its still dark, and all my gauge lights are on, except the one that burnt out like a month ago. Im guessing loose wire, nebody have ne other suggestions. Does anyone know if those lights are wire in series (one lights goes they all go)?