Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

wtf is up with these body kits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2003, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God i hope not, i hate wings west kits, i hate just about all kits....i want a stock cedia wagon front end, those things are pretty sick and JDM is always the best way to go......and im sorry people, but any kit less than 1500 or any rims less than 1500 are probably goin to be junk

IS anyone with me on the JDM? like i dont mean to be an *** but i cant stand weird kits that have no function but to annoy the hell out of me.....We need more CF lips and light weight rims.....we need ralliart to make a CF lip....something thats got a JDM look to it.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Tristar you speak the truth, a very scary truth indeed. I'm going to slash and burn all of these FF2 wacksters in 2003 Lancers. 2002 all day hoe! Even doper if you bought it in 2001 hoe!
Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ralliart
God i hope not, i hate wings west kits, i hate just about all kits....i want a stock cedia wagon front end, those things are pretty sick and JDM is always the best way to go......and im sorry people, but any kit less than 1500 or any rims less than 1500 are probably goin to be junk

IS anyone with me on the JDM? like i dont mean to be an *** but i cant stand weird kits that have no function but to annoy the hell out of me.....We need more CF lips and light weight rims.....we need ralliart to make a CF lip....something thats got a JDM look to it.
now dont get me wrong, i really like the JDM look, but at the same time i like all the USDM looks too. Just because you have a particular vision on how you see a car, doesnt mean that you can bag on everything else out there by saying it sucks. I mean you can say it sucks, but you look like an idiot without any backing with what you are saying besides you just dont like it...

I have a lot of product on my car and i think my car looks good and so do many other people out there in this market.

So if you wanna go out there and make your car JDM and bag on everyone else that doesnt do JDM, then be prepared to have some people being really mad at you.

just my .02 cents
Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ralliart

you should've bought a honda if your a hardcore JDM fan. that would've been the best way to go. i personally like the JDM look alot, but there really isnt any JDM products being sold for the usdm Lancer. you just have to work with what's avialable.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

OK first off if you wanted to buy a kit directly FROM kenstlye it would cost about 2000 dollars including shipping. I have a email they sent me if you want to PM me you can. Also, Kenstyle will be having a US DISTRIBUTOR, but they didn't say when. They did say the kit cost about 2000 because of shipping.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

kontradictions, dont get me wrong, i think your car is very clean and if it wasnt done as clean as it was done, then i dont think i woudl like it.....but the fast that nearly every kit that has come out has been a cheap rip off of other kits.... good kits cost alot, and you definately get what you pay for.....JDM is do able with our cars, just not alot of people like the JDM of our car....all you need is a front bumper from the cedia, i bet you could trade with someone from there that wants a USDM bumper.....and the fact that i bad on the kits that are out is something i believe strongly in.....USDM has not been too good for everyone who fixes up their cars.....APC is a terrible company and the fact that the only tuner show for imports is american based (high rev tuners)

Kontradictions, i like your car and i think the volk's were a good touch, but do you think your car would have turned out the same without the introduction of the modern image lancer?

your right, i should have gotten a honda or acura, less is more is the backing behind JDM. simplicity.

I could care less if people hate me for bagging on their kits, but lets be real people.....your making a 120hp car stand out like a sore thumb.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Hate Wings West, ouch......
To each is their own.....

Yea Pimpson, Im less then thrilled about the advant of more ricers into our dear community. You have to admit though, with all the Altezza questions and NOS questions we have gotten from noobs in the last year, we are more than welll prepared....lol
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:25 AM
Evolving Member

wats the best looking kit out there???
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

You've got to be kidding me.
How can you even ask that question? There's no definitive answer to that, other than what you think is the best looking kit. This is worse than all the "pick my wheels" threads out there.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

stock kit.....lol.....its true....or ralliart cedia kit which is as rare as a unicorn. no kit in my opinion looks good to any extent, some look fast, but none look clean.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

i got the real ken style kit coming to me
i like the kaminari its alright i just dont like the sides and i dont like the rear on any friggin kit they are all like super plain
Old May 14, 2003, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

i sell the real ken style kit for around $1600. look for the group buy tomorrow.