Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

wtf is up with these body kits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtf is up with these body kits

ok listen guys this is really pissin me off
there are all these body kits they have out and all of em lok like *** the only ktit hat looks nic ein my opinion is the REAL ken style kit that kontradictions has

the kens style kit shark racing is alright but its not he same
in the front the two holes on the side twords the bottom of the holes slant up were the real one dont
the side skirts are diferent and there arent many pics of the back for me to tell the diference

body-kit.com wants 1500 for the "REAL" kenstyle kit for a front sides and rear to me thats rediculasly over priced and on top of that i called those people to in srilanka they told me they wont even sell us kits cause they wont sell to consumers just whole salers so how the hell am i supposed to get this body kit does kenstyle have a web site i dont care if its japaneese or not ill learn how to speak it read it so i can get my hand on that friggin kit!

im sorry i just though everyone had to know and i wanted to see if you guys noticed
i cant stand it anymore im goin nuckin futs sharkracing dont answer my emails it says they are alwasy close or out to friggin lunch despit the numerouse calls i give them and accolade dont wanna make money that badly i guess man screw them!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Aww, come on liquid. There's some pretty damn decent kits out there.

1 Example, uranium9v's KAMINARI front end!!! That FB is so clean you'd slip and fall on your *** just seeing it. And the new kits comin' out from body-kit.com are pretty nice too. The EVO 5 FB they're releasing looks awesome! And I seriously can't wait for the wide-body kits to come out.

Keep an open mind to styles and tastes, because a picture can't show you how these kits look in person, and sometimes a look grows on someone. Keep your head up man, the Lancer aftermarket for body kits is gonna pick up. Especially with Kontradictions ride goin' into shows, as well as a few other Lancer owners throwin' their in for props as well.

--- Kei
Old Feb 23, 2003, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

oh yea i almost forgot about the kaminari that kits nice i dont really like the evo 5 front though buts its not bad maybe they should have a pic of it painted with the fogs or something in it
its jsut not fair they call it kenstyle when its really not thats sorta like duping someone into buying something they arent you know i know cause it happend to me calvin used to send me pics of the street lancer tellin me thats the exact body kit im gettin for my car untill it came and i got the apex kit insteadi almost wasted 1400dollars of my money untill i stopped payment on the ***** and he never came to pick up his body kit so now its the trash mans body kit
Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:59 AM

Liquid do you have a body kit laying around that you are gonna throw away? That's what it sounds like you are doing. If you are gonna throw it away I'm interested in it.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

i agree liquid I really want the ken style kit too, i know they have a website but I'm not sure what it is, and the only other website that I think has it is creativessports.com (i think that's the site) but i think the kit was like 2k or something........
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Me, I've loved the Kaminari from the first time I saw it. Clean, not too outlandish, or "wild", but, adds ever little bit to the original lines of the car. And, that should be the goal with a body kit. It should play with the original lines, sharpen or soften them (as need be) and create the illusion of stock without the conservative look. I think that a majority of the kits out there are very "fast and the furious" and trying to make the car look like something that it's not, whereas I think the Kaminari isn't overtly "LOOK AT ME I'M A SKYLINE!" or whatever. My two cents.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

screw them fake body kit maker. no way in hell body-kit.com can get you a real ken style for 1500. they will just simply send you an imitation and say those are real. creative sport are the people with the real stuff. accolade
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with StreetLancer. first time I was like "so-so" on the kaminari, but now I really love this kit. It's the best fitting kit out there, there is no gap anywhere (all body-kit.com kits have some gap somewhere in the front, it really doesn't look professional)

Anyways, by the time I get a kit, some more will be on the market

Etienne
Old Feb 23, 2003, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

i think that the real ken style and the kaminari kit are the best kits out there right now. i really dont like the quality and durability of the ABK kits. they are too fragile. i also like little lip add ons like both the RMR lips.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 01:43 PM

liquidlancer your full of **** about this quote

"and on top of that i called those people to in srilanka they told me they wont even sell us kits cause they wont sell to consumers just whole salers"

dood get your info right before posting, i am a consumer and i bought a body-kit from body-kit.com, no prob, check out your info before making an *** out of your self
Old Feb 23, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

first of all, i hate every kit that is ouf for our cars....Ihate all the rims every one has put on their cars in this forum.....thats the reason why i want to get rid of my car....nothing has come out that i think looks good for our cars except the CF grill.... well sorry to say it but i had to....

by the way, hes right about whole saling.....body-kit.com is a whole sale....srilanka sends their kits to them and the distribute them to everyone else you idiot....dont diss someone if you yourself are retarded "pureoctane" you can never call up the company that makes them and buy them, bodykit.com is only the wholeseller that sells what the other companies make.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

hmm. i feel the exact same way. body kits for out car are very weak, with the exception of the ken style. and everyone is trying to jip the american lancer market just because it's international shipping. dumb
Old Feb 23, 2003, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

pure octain your a *** bro i swear on my lancer that i friggin called them and they woudnt sell it to me i had cash anyway they wanted it and they said said no
i cant even say what i wanna say to you or this post would get taken down
all i know is your a f****** a******

EDIT: go F*** yourself
Old Feb 23, 2003, 04:31 PM
In Timeout

Accolade will ship 20 kits at a time for about $600 a pop.

Shipping is done by container, and those ships pull right in to Oakland.

I would be interested in setting up a group buy if we could all decide on which kit to order. I have already contacted Accolade, like months ago, and they will take my order anytime.

Just let me know who wants in, and I'll set up a group buy.

Old Feb 23, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Liquid, ya a bit tense??? Dude dont worry bout the noobs......
Anyhow, there are very few kit makers out there that make kits that bolt up with no mods and look like OEM quality. Kaminari and Wings West are two companies that make awsome kits. Kaminari already has a kit for the Lancer, perhaps people interested in a nice quality kit shoudl wait for Wings West to do something. Trust me, after this summer, with FF2 having a Evo in it, people are going to jump on the lesser Lancers when they cant afford 30 grand, and the aftermarket will swell with parts for our cars. Stay patient.

Quick Reply: wtf is up with these body kits